X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rarities

Anyone got any of these?

Attached Files
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Re: Rarities

Not me.

Comment

I don't have anything ridiculously rare but my Power Strike for the Master System in the condition it's in seems to sell for a good price these days. More than it cost when it first came out. My Rainbow Islands for my Mega drive is in mint condition and I seen it on Ebay in similar condition going for £100. I'm not one of these collectors who buy the games just for the sake of buying it, I only go for games I want to play. Nintendo World Championships goes for tens of thousands of dollars when it appears on auction but AFAIK it's really a rather shitty game. Because it was used in a national competition the games have a built in timer so you can only play each of the games on it for a few minutes at a time.

One of the owners of Nintendo World Championships sent it off to the VGA to have it encased forever in plastic. They opened it up to have the cartridge and the chip board encased separately but the game is stored on an EPROM chip so exposing to light can blank the chip. That would be hilarious if the guy who spent thousands on it now has an empty EPROM chip that is now worthless.

Comment

Only games I've got that go for any value on E-Bay are
        Evil Twin Cyprien's Requiem - Sega dreamcast
        Mr Bones - Sega Saturn
        Traps and Treasure - Commodore Amiga

Comment

I am not sure if they are rarities but I had a Friday the 13th game on cassette for the C64 and a Falklands wargame on cassette for the Atari 600XL. And again on cassette Combat Lynx for the BBC Micro/Acorn Electron. The F13 game came with a capsule of fake blood.

Comment

I had Combat Lynx for my Acorn Electron, it was fun if a little tricky to control with keys, & missiles attacks seemed to come at the worst possible moment.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Combat Lynx could have used a joystick

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                Combat Lynx could have used a joystick
                Yes I didn't have one though!!
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I didn't have one, either. Using just the keys was difficult and I quickly became bored with it due to not being able to get far. I much preferred Gunship on the Amiga, for which I had a joystick.

Comment

the rarest gaming related thing i owned was Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn, bought in 2006 for £150 and sold this year for £250.

Comment

This ??

Supposedly the very first computer game ( or was it first handheld game ?)

Anyways it's a rarely seen Mario brothers handheld game from 1983 .
                      Works perfectly as it's hardly been used at all !
                      In great condition apart from that surface scratch on the front case .image
                      imageimage

Comment

Working...
                      X