Serck number plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serck number plates

Serck number plates with a distinctive squared off typeface were often found on vehicles from the late 1970s through to the mid 1980s but seemed to stopped being used around 1990 or H reg. They were also available made out of pressed metal as well as the usual plastic.

Attached Files

Re: Serck number plates

Too space age for nowadays.

Comment

The seemed to be mostly by Ford dealers, & I've seen a few VWs with plates like this.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        The seemed to be mostly by Ford dealers, & I've seen a few VWs with plates like this.
        The original Serck number plates were pressed metal. I have seen them on works vehicles and Land Rovers because they are more robust than plastic plates. They were also common on vehicles owned by councils and buses.

Can anybody confirm if Serck actually made up plastic number plates or the glyphs that go on them. I think they were more common on Fords than other makes resulting from the dealers having the facilities to make them but I remember a local Austin Montego with them.

Comment

My family owned A665GLV and A668GLV. Neither had Serck plates from the main dealer.

Comment

There's a company that makes up Serck style number plates.

http://www.a1showplates.com

Select Euro Style font.

They are not officially road legal and are sold as show plates.

Comment

Working...
            X