Babycham, i personally wouldnt! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babycham, i personally wouldnt! :)

Can anyone tell me who said the line "I'd love a Babycham" in the eighties/nineties advert set in a Nightclub, I think he went on to other things but i can't remember. He was wearing shades in the advert and hs voice sounds like melted chocolate! (this last remark strikes me as wierd as well lol)
    ShibleyBC

Re: Babycham, i personally wouldnt!

What is/was Babycham, a white wine, a cider or a perry ? Wouldn't be my cuppa by the sound of it.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

tastes like cheap champagne, or worse still pomagne........

Comment

Had some at Xmas, utterly tasteless

Comment

Was probably the "in" posh drink for the working classes of the 60's when Asti and the like were unheard of and champagnes were on a different planet. It and Addvocatt were probably my first "alcoholic" drinks as a little treat at Christmas and the new Year from the parents. Its been trying to make a comeback over the last few years however I suspect the opposition is too strong nowdays.
          The eyes have it!
          sigpic

Comment

I can remember drinking it when I was little (stolen sips from mums glass!!)
            It was really sickly.... and then I bought some myself a year or two ago (the shame) and it hadn't changed at all. I had a look on the net and found this website which may answer the question of what is Babycham to those who havn't had the 'joy' of trying it!!!!

http://www.babycham.com/flash/welcome.html

It has some of the adverts on it... and the one where the man says I'll have a Babycham is on it but I can't for the life of me work out who is... it's a bad pic.

K
            If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

my mum likes a babycham now n then, but personaly i can do without.
              Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

My nan used to love Advocatt especially at new year, what was the name of the 'Deer' in the Babycham adverts, did it have one?

Comment

not keen on Babycham, to bubbly, but i got addicted to snowballs over christmas yum yum .........
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Originally posted by shibleybc View Post
                    Can anyone tell me who said the line "I'd love a Babycham" in the eighties/nineties advert set in a Nightclub...He was wearing shades in the advert...
                    I thought only Americans called sunglasses "shades"...

Comment

Didn't know where to put this question but it is based on a champagne substitute. Does anyone remember the name of the champagne type drink The Royale Family (tv series) seem to open on celebrations?

Comment

Originally posted by shibleybc View Post
                        Can anyone tell me who said the line "I'd love a Babycham" in the eighties/nineties advert set in a Nightclub, I think he went on to other things but i can't remember. He was wearing shades in the advert and hs voice sounds like melted chocolate! (this last remark strikes me as wierd as well lol)
                        I remember the advert; A posh bloke and his girl walk into a busy club/bar, he asks for a Baby Cham. There's dead silence, then the actor who looked like Errol Brown from Hot Choclate, says that line, music and chatting start up again. Loads of people then say, "I'd love a Baby Cham" too.

He's been in loads of TV during the '80s (Dempsey Makepeace, etc)

BUT...I dunno his name!

Sorry...

Comment

i was told it was a pinkish coloured drink.

not sure how true this is.
                          but id imagine its not too nice.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                          X