Anneka Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anneka Rice

I had always wanted to know what happened to Pedro, Anneka's dog that accompanied her on the Challenge Anneka shows - I know that he has probably been dead for a few years now, but we only saw him with her on there. Unlike Bernie Winters and Ashleigh Butler of course who went everywhere with their respective dogs.

Pedro was a Lucas terrier (the breed named after Conservative MP Sir Jocelyn Lucas) - someone wrote to a Notes and Queries column of the local newspaper and asked what breed he was.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Challenge Anneka was quite entertaining. As with others, the Romanian project sticks out as being memorable. I didn't see that many episodes of Treasure Hunt for some reason, but those that I saw were okay.

Comment

I know that Anneka did an edition of Treasure Hunt where Nottingham and Loughborough were implicated - the Boots factory comes to mind. It was on (or probably repeated) on Channel 4 at midday or 1.00 pm on Sunday circa 1989, just after they shown The Waltons or Little House on the Prairie.

There was a Challenge Anneka episode where she was doing something and Prince Charles was due to visit the place. Cue caption on screen: "Prince Charles arrives in one minute".

And the Auntie's Bloomers outtake where Anneka was on a big mobile phone for this job, and ordering things like sponges and saying "I want it P-L-Y. What's P-L-Y? Ply!" She couldn't stop laughing and the guy on the other end of the phone probably thought it was a hoax, especially as it was Annela Rice on the other end of the line.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X