The Hitman and her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hitman and her.

I remember in 1991 I was only 17 (underage) all excited and overslapped with make-up and accompanied by a short skirt and heels to make me look 18 to get in to the tokyo joes club in town, were The hit man and her were staring that night. I got in passed the bouncers and walked up to the stage it was heaving pushed my way passed all the crowd to get a closer look at Pete Waterman and Micheala Strachan (SP) The music was pumping. I danced my heart out. I ended up on stage dancing next to the guy with the big white hair. It was one hell of a night. Little did I know it was to be shown live on tv and my mum thought I was out sleeping over at a mates. She did find out I couldn't talk my way out of it but it was worth every bit of earache I got.

Re: The Hitman and her.

Cracking tale mandy, and I was thinking you actually sounded rather nice and attractive too,

But what happened to the guy with with the white hair, was he a mad scientist?

and did your mom ever see it on tv?

Comment

[quote=Oggy;51395]Cracking tale mandy, and I was thinking you actually sounded rather nice and attractive too,

But what happened to the guy with with the white hair, was he a mad scientist?
      Lol no he was always touring with T.H.M.&.H wherever they went, he was one of there dancers, the BIG white hair was a wig he wore, I can't remember his name but if it comes to me I will let you know.

and did your mom ever see it on tv?
      Ye! with thanks to my big sis, my sis stayed up to watch it and seen me so told my mum & dad, so my M&D watched the repeat and were not happy I don't know what they went on at me more about being out in town underage or wearing a short skirt.
      Last edited by mandy,; 12-02-2007, 10:19. Reason: Spelling :(

Comment

So you don't wear short skirts now then, lol, and were you grounded?

Comment

Originally posted by mandy, View Post
          Lol no he was always touring with T.H.M.&.H wherever they went, he was one of there dancers, the BIG white hair was a wig he wore, I can't remember his name but if it comes to me I will let you know.
          That'll be Clive then! Vulgar creature!

I remember when THM&H tried getting hip with the kids (it woul've been the year after you went Mandy), early '92, when they started attending raves such as The Eclipse in Coventry. Really funny watching the two of them trying to get on the same wave length as a couple of thousand e-heads gurning their faces off with Strachan jacking her body in a rather odd and disturbing manner!

Ah, sweet memories!...
          "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

Must have been late 91 when I sort of went to one of these. A club in purley was advertising it so only being 17 we mananged to get in but was not happy when we saw some old bloke pretending to be Pete Waterman and this really bad dancing woman who had no rythm on stage. We only stayed as the drinks were cheap. Think it was a cheap shot to get people in.

Comment

Was really freaked in ( I think 1990) by going to MR Smiths in Preston for HitMan - it was mid December about a week or so before Xmas but they made it like New Year and had the countdown etc with Auld Langs whatever.

Apparently it was then actually shown on telly supposedly live on New Years Eve but I was in town getting large amounts of lager down my neck and missed it

Comment

You always knew you were up a bit too late if The Hitman and Her was on

Comment

The Hitman and her.................memories a go-go

I saw it twice in Southport at Palm Court. I will never forget being right at the front of the crowd on the second visit to Southport when Micheala Strachan had a wardrobe failure.

The place went wild and I was sooooo impressed because I was taping it at home. My frinds and I rushed home that night to see the "incident" again. We waited with bated breath as the tape rewound! This was the very sad night night my we all found out about delayed LIVE broadcasts!! Moments before the best bit of the night it was cut to the ads!

Comment

Can't have been much of a thing to see anyway cos she ain't exactly over-endowed in the love-puppy dept
                    Last edited by Danny; 07-11-2008, 13:50. Reason: spelling

Comment

Back in them days Micheala Strachan was a pretty hot babe.

If she had knocked on my door late at night she would have been given the best 2 minutes of her life.
                      sigpic

Comment

Really Hysterical reading posts, some good others not so...

Very inspiring that "that Clive" is so well remembered. Now that may tell you something, Clive was instrumental in helping many people along the way including names you may know or not? Jason Orange, Jimmy and Spike, freind and mentor to a guy who sererves more recognition than he ever got Bov (AKA Mark who danced with Micheal Jackson accross Europe)
                        Theise guys and many others are doing great things now, and numerouse others from this community that was to a large part held together by Clive... AKA Wiggy who is in training and getting into great shape again right now. Unlike the well connected families that work in our media, these guys really have earned there place in popular culture and from someone on the inside they aint finished yet!

We are not old, we hope you all can still party

Comment

Originally posted by MAMF View Post
                          Back in them days Micheala Strachan was a pretty hot babe.
                          Yes indeed!

I used to work a petrol station night shift then, and it was essential viewing! (That and Casey Casem)

Micheala was smokin hot and Pete was a pretty cool dude I always thought too.

Comment

Micheala Strachen looks like Gary Lineker to me

Comment

Pete waterman...creator of the kareoke class of muscician. He may have a terrible perception of music but he redeems himself with his input into the model rail world.Had a quick chat with him last March about music,lets say we didnt agree on much!!
                              Frame.
                              "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Working...
                              X