Life On Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life On Mars

i need to watch it again..... maybe im just getting old but i couldnt get my head round the last episode.

to me it seemed like they came up with this great concept for a show but never knew how to end it!!

i will give it another go tonight and see if it becomes more clear.

Comment

i think the last episode is designed to keep you guessing if he will stay or go back to the present and you only find the answer right at the end

Comment

was in2 this @ t start but come the end had lost the plot.
        Make it So.

Comment

Check out digitalspy.co.uk - An interview with the show's creator states that he died. Here's an extract of it:

The co-creator of Life On Mars has stated that lead character Sam Tyler definitely died during the last ever episode of the hit BBC show.
          "The ambiguous ending to the finale left viewers uncertain of the policeman’s fate after he emerged from his coma, but Matthew Graham told the Daily Mirror: “What I was trying to say is that he's died, and that for however long that last second of life is going to be, it will stretch out for an age, as an eternity for Sam. When he drives off in that car, he's really driving off into the afterlife."

And I've never even seen the show!!!! Here's a link to the site

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a45...r-is-dead.html

Comment

Ashes to Ashes the new series starts Thursday at 9pm on BBC1, cant wait
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hey everyone. I just joined this site. I'm an '80's kid & grew up during that time period, and - as my username attests - I'm a fan of any & all things '80's. In addition, I'm al

I'm in the U.S. & realize that this is a UK-based site - but, in addition to American movies/TV shows I'm also a huge fan of many UK & international shows/films as well.

Re: Life on Mars, I watched the whole series on DVD several years ago. Great '70's-era drama with an amazing period rock/pop/r&b soundtrack; accurate '70's clothes, hair-styles, attitudes, etc. I really liked how the fish-out-of-water aspect was so pronounced, i.e. the main character kept making references to the future, and was always looked at with blank stares - really well-done. The sequences when the character met his own young mother (who was younger than him) were great, and were obviously a huge mind-$#%.

Seemingly, the basic premise from the beginning of the show was that the character was in a coma in 2005/2006, and his life in the '70's was just a dream he was having while in the coma - it seems like a lot of what was going on in his '70's life were issues he was trying to work out in his present-day life, i.e. relationship issues he had with his girlfriend, unanswered questions re: his father's disappearance, job-related concerns, etc. And, the idea of his being in a coma was reinforced by his '70's self making all of the future references, i.e. The Fugitive being Harrison Ford (from the 1993 film), and not the actor from the '60's/'70's era TV show; also, at one point while eating dinner in a Chinese restaurant he heard a snatch of a '90's/'2000's-era rock/pop song by Blur on the radio, etc. So, bottom-line: even if the character were crazy, he couldn't have known about future events, unless he really was from the future.

Comment

Working...
              X