Life On Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life On Mars

Its back and about time too.......Gene Hunt and Sam Tyler return, its kool, its action, its the Sweeney reinvented with a sci-fi twist, bit like DYR in that it jogs your memory.

Join my petition to give Gene Hunt his own series, Philip Glenister rocks

DCI Gene Hunt - Philip Glenister

Re: Life On Mars

your right....this is a great series, been looking forward to this for ages.

for anyone thats not seen it, give it a go...you wont be disapointed

Comment

I adding my vote for bringing Gene into his own spin off. He could be brought forward into The Bill and drag Burnside out of retirement too!
      sigpic
      Mrs Oggy
      ~~~*~~~*~~~
      Count your friends amongst the stars....
      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Didn't catch all of the last series but still to be convinced
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Its original, and way kool...........and shame its finishing after just the 2 series, but roll on the sequel, the rumor mill has it thats it Gene or Philip Glenister set in the 80's, sweeney meets Miami Vice

Comment

Well its back, and well worth the wait, two episodes.......its so close to be my favorite tv series next to Doctor Who, Gene rocks, and Sams kool, and the one liners as goos as ever, i still think Dennis Waterman should have made a cameo. And doesn't Liz White look foxy.

Born: 1979
            Actress
            Famous for: Keeping criminals off the mean streets of 1970s Manchester Liz White refuses to buy into the "whole celebrity thing", saying she's unlikely to appear on a reality TV show anytime soon. But the Yorkshire lass is better known than her retiring nature suggests. In 2006 seven million viewers regularly tuned in to catch the sexy WPC in time travel drama Life On Mars, which was described by critics as a cross between The Sweeney and Dr Who . Her screen credits also include A Thing Called Love and Teachers.

Comment

I love this series, along with Doctor Who, my fav tv show at the moment.
              A spin-off featuring Gene Hunt would be pretty awesome!

Comment

Not seen it as I don't watch TV,but looks like I would..
                well,would if John Sim wasn't in it. Can't stand the bloke

Comment

What a fantastic show, I was hooked from the first epiode of the first series, I can't believe they are ending it.

We (the missus and i) are having real fun trying to work out what'll happen in the last show and how its going to get there.........

The way they have recreated the 70's with looks, sounds, attitudes is unbelieveable

Comment

It just gets better, John and Philip are awesome. John was my choice for the Doctor, but Sam Tyler is way better, and there should be a Gene Hunt series,a nd a book Of Huntisms, every episode he come out with at least one kool saying.

But sad news is theres only 2 episodes left, but next week is the Tufty one, have to be kool to beat the Trumpton one, they should bring out the figures for that........

Comment

Originally posted by MommaMystique View Post
                      I adding my vote for bringing Gene into his own spin off.
                      The last one episode airs tonight and im looking forward to it. Have also read Gene Hunt is to get his own spin off series too called ashes to ashes based in the 80's

http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.c..._to_ashes.html

Also john simm is rumoured to be playing a baddy (think its a character called saxon that turns out to be the master) in doctor who
                      Last edited by nogden; 10-04-2007, 11:48.

Comment

Never caught much of the second series due to other TV highlights on a Tuesday(Champions League and Blade) but interested how it all turns out. Will probably catch the reruns soon on BBC3 or was it Bravo?
                        The eyes have it!
                        sigpic

Comment

The final episode tonight we find out if Sam stays or goes...I never watched the first series just never fancied it.

Then the 2nd come on and as there was nothing else on that night I watched it and loved it.

Love the way Gene tells it like it is none of this "Political Correctness" coppers you get on the telly these days.

Just give then villain a thump and have it over and done with

Lainey
                          Leopopause
                          The time in a lady's life when she is suddenly drawn to wearing leopard print. Pre-leopopausal women think leopard print tops are slightly tacky no matter what the fashion du jour, while the post-leopopausal believe they add a touch of African mystique to any outfit.

Comment

Fantastic series and good news there is a sequel called Ashes to Ashes which takes Gene Hunt to 1981

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6542633.stm
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

did anyone find it still left questions unanswered, like who was the girl in the red pinnafore dress and what did she represent????

Comment

Working...
                              X