Name the computer game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the computer game

Hi everyone, does anyone remeber the name of this computer game I know it was on multi format for most of the p.c.'s in the eighties, The game entailed buying items for your transpoter spacecraft i.e mining lazer, docking computer ect ect, then buying your cargo minerals, food, or the definate no no (unless of course you wanted the space police after you) narcotics, slaves. You then had to plot your hyperdrive course to the space station of your choice and deliver your goods. You then had to try and dock with the rotating space station (if you did'nt have a dockin computer it was hard). Any idea's ppl??
    Last edited by BeetleBug; 12-02-2007, 21:10.

Re: Name the computer game

The Ur-Quan Masters?? also called Starcontrol

Comment

No I don't think it was that (thanx anyway), I know the graphics were along the same lines as the tank command arcade game alot of lines not really very detailed.

Comment

I think you are talking about 'Elite'.

I had a poor man's BBC micro (the acorn electron) at the time and could never get up to Elite status

Comment

Well spotted

Comment

Fantastic ty Nottrikk, been driving the wife mad last night with that one just could'nt remember the name.

Comment

defo elite i played this game for days it was huge docking at the space staion was a bit tricky till you bought a auto dock did any one get to the other side of the star map
              want that one

Comment

Other side of the map and into the next three galaxies before I got bored with it (which took a hell of a long time). I just wish they'd re-release it to be compatible with modern operating systems. It wouldn't have to be upgraded or look fancy in any way, I just loved the fact that you play it many different ways and still get good gameplay.
                Last edited by nottrikk; 28-02-2007, 12:27.

Comment

i used to love this game as a kid and would play it for hours....

you can get a pc version now called Elite the new kind and can be downloaded (i probably will get into trouble now) here

http://www.downloadfreegames.co.uk/g...ails.asp?id=37

Comment

Cool stuff!

Comment

There is a free download version called 'oolite', you can add more ships and missions than were originally available.

Comment

Elite 2: Frontier, by David Braben, was a much more sophisticated and involving game, with loads of groovy classical music accompanying the action.

Best of all, its been released as PC Shareware, and is available here: http://www.hooplah.com/encounters/files.htm

Unless you have a 15 year old PC, you'll probably need a freeware program called 'DOSbox', which will help to run it properly.

I've spent pretty much all of my free time, over the past few weeks, playing this....and it's excellent; retro-heaven

Comment

Thanks for that info Rob. Downloaded Dosbox just in case I need it. But whilst doing that, it reminded me of a DOS game I used to play called Ecoquest 2. Managed to find a version that runs on XP along with the original Ecoquest.
                          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Sounds like Elite to me.
                            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X