80's toy - yellow bird on track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's toy - yellow bird on track

I had this toy in the early 80s and can never find any info on it. My mom used to call it "chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" but searching for that just brings back the song. We did have the box for the toy so could have been called that or similar.

Anyway, this toy consisted of colourful plastic track which snapped together. A yellow bird went along the track towards a yellow bowl with coloured plastic marbles in. When the bird reached the bowl a marble would shoot out of the bowl and the bird would catch in it's beak. Once the bird had caught a marble it would turn around and travel back along the track, turn right, turn right, up a ramp which led to the top of a tree with a nest. The bird would feed the marble to the chick and then the marble would travel round and round the outside of the tree in a spiral until plopping back into the yellow bowl. Meanwhile, the bird turned around and went back to get another marble from the yellow bowl.

This was one of my favourite toys as a small child. Does anyone remember it?
    It is quite possible it was just a cheap toy from the market.

Re: 80's toy - yellow bird on track

Can't believe I just found it! Chad Valley Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.
    I have searched loads of times before and I could never find it!

This is what I was talking about, although looks slightly different to my memory.

Attached Files

Comment

Re: 80's toy - yellow bird on track

From 1981

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X