Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money

I remember the early £2 coins were minted with a design for the 1986 Commonwealth Games.

One of my Aunts had one but spent it, not realising it was a commemorative issue.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

A friend received a coin in his change around 1990 with the head of Queen Victoria on the back and "One Florin One Tenth of a Pound" on the front. It was legal tender at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        A friend received a coin in his change around 1990 with the head of Queen Victoria on the back and "One Florin One Tenth of a Pound" on the front. It was legal tender at the time.
        That would be worth a bit, especially as it would have a high silver content!

I remember up to the changeover to the new size of 5 & 10p coins it was still common to get 1 & 2 shilling coins, but only from about 1947 onwards, which was the first year they didn't have any silver in them.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The 1992 1993 50p coin that marked the UK’s Presidency of the Council of Ministers and completion of the Single European Market.

My mother used to work in a bank and she never encountered any of these coins. They are no longer in circulation.

Comment

I have a Churchill crown and a presentation wallet of the first decimal coins. Not worth much...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
            X