Who did your parents grandparents used to vote for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did your parents grandparents used to vote for

I am guessing my grandparents voted labour.

My Mum and Dad always voted labour

Re: Who did your parents grandparents used to vote for

Grand parent's were strict labour all the way. So were my parents. But then years ago Labour meant something to the working man. As my nan said to me when I first started to vote in the early 80's,"YOU KNOW WHO TO VOTE FOR DON'T YOU!".

These days you don't really know what a party stands for as their traditional values have become so eroded,diluted or twisted, and many people like my parents just don't seem to care anymore.

Comment

we always voted labour. now i wouldn't vote for them at all.

Comment

Not sure but going by previous posts I would guess labour too
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
          we always voted labour. now i wouldn't vote for them at all.
          No me

Comment

my parents are Labour. My grandparents were Labour. Personally, if Screaming Lord Sutch was still alive...............
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Now you are talking. Lived in Kent for a while years back and voted raving looney for a laugh. Funny thing is they actually got voted in where I was. Didn't really notice anything different in the area. It goes to show that even a raving looney could govern without any problems.

Screaming Lord Sutch was great live on stage. Had a great stage act including tall top hat and coffin, and those dancers were an eye opener for a young lad. He got stuck in his coffin once, that was another story

Comment

I remember my dad liked Harold Wilson he won the 1964 election

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                  Now you are talking. Lived in Kent for a while years back and voted raving looney for a laugh. Funny thing is they actually got voted in where I was. Didn't really notice anything different in the area. It goes to show that even a raving looney could govern without any problems.

The main problem is that the Chief Executives actually run the local councils/authorities. Unfortunately, they are the ones who actually authorise changes. People blame the local councilors, replace them at local elections, but the Chief Executives just carry on regardless.

The Monster Raving Looney Party was meant to make a mockery of Government, both local and central. The press had a field day over their policies. Laughed they may have, but Screaming Lord Sutch has now had the last laugh. Some of their policies are now being implemented, the best example being the 20 mph speed limit. The press screamed blue murder, now look around. Cardiff council (they couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery), are thinking of making all of the city centre 20 mph.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Labour councils have always had a reputation of wasting money

Comment

My grandparents always were Labour voters until the 1978-79 winter of discontent, since then they've voted Conservative.

Comment

I saw the leader of the Loonie party on tv last week he said they would introduce a 99p coin

Comment

A 99p coin, that's a great idea. Saves me trying to feed all those dreaded 1p coins into the drinks machine at work.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                            A 99p coin, that's a great idea. Saves me trying to feed all those dreaded 1p coins into the drinks machine at work.
                            Extra vote for Loonie then ha

Comment

Working...
                            X