Footwear then but not now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwear then but not now

I remember wearing platform sandals,high heel sandals,those sandals from the 70s with wooden heals and soles think they were black patent.They were comfortable to wear,I have been thinking there is no way that I could wear them today,My bloody feet would kill me.I also have worn brouges with laces, slip on shoes, flip flops,shoes with straps and buckles.

Now my comfort zone is slip on shoes and nothing more so much easier,must be getting old

Re: Footwear then but not now

Platforms which had a compass stowed in the heel of one of the shoes
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Suede Shoes

Comment

What ever happened to Bumper boots. They were popular in the early to mid 70's.

Comment

Those long boots that go to the knee's of the women wearing them
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Twocky, you mean go-go boots?

Hush Puppies...I remember the one and only pair of suede Hush Puppies I owned growing up. I thought they were so grown-up at the time.

Comment

I used to have a beautiful pair of burgundy suede roller boots with yellow wheels.

Comment

Footwear is one situation I can say "hand on heart" which has improved (over the years v many other clothing garments and similar including Music like Tapes etc) that I wholly am glad is not like any era when I was growing up!!

True I am not good at lacing Shoelaces but I cringe now on reflection at Velcro fastening Trainers or even Smart-Casual Shoes - it often reminds me of an Holiday in Ayr and wearing a Sharpe Man U Shirt (which i have a picture of me on a Boating Lake) and may-be one of the monstrety's that was mid/late 80s Tracksuits (if not a year after the Holiday in 1987)

So on conclusion, thankfully all late 1970s/80s Footwear of my era then can be banished to forever in the past I can gladly say!

80Chav

Comment

The Aussie designed sheepskin Ugg Boot was all the rage in the 80s/90s. Still is popular today..even tho the Yanks are saying they patented the Ugg name. Who has worn this snug winter footwear.

The Aussie conceived UGG BOOT.
                  Last edited by Donald the Great; 02-12-2017, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by spookiemoviemania View Post
                    The Aussie designed sheepskin Ugg Boot was all the rage in the 80s/90s. Still is popular today..even tho the Yanks are saying they patented the Ugg name. Who has worn this snug winter footwear.

The Aussie conceived UGG BOOT.
                    I dont remember seeing these at all until the 00's. Were they out earlier?
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                      What ever happened to Bumper boots. They were popular in the early to mid 70's.
                      when I was a kid I had a pair of shoes that my parents called my bumpers, but they were more like trainers. A bit like converse all stars, navy canvas with white markings. Does anyone remember these?
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

That sounds like them. Came in all sorts of colours but I remember red or blue mostly. White decoration and laces was common on them including a disc of rubber on the ankle. I think I wore mine to pieces. Could say they were the ancestors of modern trainers.

Comment

I remember when Kickers became fashionable with Casuals in the 80s. Before that, a girl at school used to wear them and people took the mick out of her!

I always thought they looked like shoes that fell into the category "if your mum made you wear them you'd cry".

Comment

Probably I'd hazzard at a guess that the dear old Doc Martins have slipped off the radar now, and that Converse and Vans seem to have replaced them I think!

80sChav

Comment

I still see plenty of Doc Martens around, there is a shop in Manchester that mostly stocks them.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X