Thread: Footwear then but not now

Default Footwear then but not now

I remember wearing platform sandals,high heel sandals,those sandals from the 70s with wooden heals and soles think they were black patent.They were comfortable to wear,I have been thinking there is no way that I could wear them today,My bloody feet would kill me.I also have worn brouges with laces, slip on shoes, flip flops,shoes with straps and buckles.

Now my comfort zone is slip on shoes and nothing more so much easier,must be getting old

Default Re: Footwear then but not now

Platforms which had a compass stowed in the heel of one of the shoes

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Suede Shoes

What ever happened to Bumper boots. They were popular in the early to mid 70's.

Those long boots that go to the knee's of the women wearing them

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Twocky, you mean go-go boots?

Hush Puppies...I remember the one and only pair of suede Hush Puppies I owned growing up. I thought they were so grown-up at the time.

I used to have a beautiful pair of burgundy suede roller boots with yellow wheels.

Footwear is one situation I can say "hand on heart" which has improved (over the years v many other clothing garments and similar including Music like Tapes etc) that I wholly am glad is not like any era when I was growing up!!

True I am not good at lacing Shoelaces but I cringe now on reflection at Velcro fastening Trainers or even Smart-Casual Shoes - it often reminds me of an Holiday in Ayr and wearing a Sharpe Man U Shirt (which i have a picture of me on a Boating Lake) and may-be one of the monstrety's that was mid/late 80s Tracksuits (if not a year after the Holiday in 1987)

So on conclusion, thankfully all late 1970s/80s Footwear of my era then can be banished to forever in the past I can gladly say!

80Chav