Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Grange hill

Default Re: Grange hill

The answer is... Maurice Bronson and Boris Johnson!

I thought it was quite obvious myself...
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Why on earth would they choose to name a teacher after a crazy mass murderer ?

The name is synonymous..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    The answer is... Maurice Bronson and Boris Johnson!

I thought it was quite obvious myself...
    Hmm that's a good one George yeah - I like it!!

Talking of Bronson - he had supposedly (off screen before he retired in 89) met Hargreaves before he became Deputy - now that i would loved to of watched Hargreaves, Bronson and Mad Dog Glover all arguing in a Room (in a sort of 1980s pre-Big Brother style episode)!!

80sChav

I was thinking about Michael Sheard appearing in Coronation Street in around February 1989 (he was seen last year on ITV 3) as Arthur Dabner, a companion for Emily Bishop. Now, I believe that it would have been Sheard's first post-Grange Hill role since hanging his toupee up, although he was still seen in GH at the same time as his Corrie appearance.

And of course Roland Macleod who played vicar Bernard Morton in Corrie (another interest for Emily Bishop) - he also played a painter and decorator back in series three of Grange Hill in 1980 - remember when Dwayne Orpington got paint on his coat and the white spirit had to be applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Why on earth would they choose to name a teacher after a crazy mass murderer ?

The name is synonymous..
    Don't forget there was an actor called Bronson for which the murderer named himself after.

Wasn't there some controversy with the series one head Mr Starling's because his name sounded to some people a bit like Stalin?

I was thinking about Michael Sheard appearing in Coronation Street in around February 1989 (he was seen last year on ITV 3) as Arthur Dabner, a companion for Emily Bishop. Now, I believe that it would have been Sheard's first post-Grange Hill role since hanging his toupee up, although he was still seen in GH at the same time as his Corrie appearance.
    Not forgetting he was also in Empire Strikes Back and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In the mid 90s I saw him in a WH Smiths where he was signing his autobiography (Memoirs of a Bum Actor), there was no queue, so i walked up and started talking loudly about these roles along with Grange Hill and got a signed book. After that quite a few people came up for copies too. Still have it, I got him to sign it "You boy" as that was a saying a teacher at my school had who was very reminiscent of Mr Bronson so not something he'd usually sign with.

Don't forget there was an actor called Bronson for which the murderer named himself after.

Wasn't there some controversy with the series one head Mr Starling's because his name sounded to some people a bit like Stalin?
    I never watched a single episode sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think Charles Bronson has actually killed anyone, but is still one of the most dangerous criminals in the prison system.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I never watched a single episode sorry
    Neither did I until BBC 2 started to repeat them at 10.30 am on Sunday mornings in early 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Not forgetting he was also in Empire Strikes Back and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In the mid 90s I saw him in a WH Smiths where he was signing his autobiography (Memoirs of a Bum Actor), there was no queue, so i walked up and started talking loudly about these roles along with Grange Hill and got a signed book. After that quite a few people came up for copies too. Still have it, I got him to sign it "You boy" as that was a saying a teacher at my school had who was very reminiscent of Mr Bronson so not something he'd usually sign with.
    It was strange though Mulletino how Bronco never had a go at kids for wearing their ties thin - like we did, but he had a go at Susi Young over wearing that "Revesable Jumper" that looked just like a School Jumper in Series 11, but he never pulled Freddie up over wearing a Polo Shirt as opposed to a Shirt (which was the rules!!)

Though too I read a YT comment that like he went after Ant and more so Danny, but never Imelda who caused terror in the extreme over a Series and half - though then again this was a reflection of how there was no "given drawn line" in the 80s between good and bad from a Teachers perspective I think/feel ..... and as Ant said to Georgina in Series 10 - after moving to St Joes - they have no idea who is good and bad at GH - which also connects with my Imelda opinions!!

80sChav