Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

Originally posted by darren View Post
    YOU HAVE A GREAT MEMORY OF REMEMBERING THINGS THAT I CANT.

YEAH 10 YRS SOMEHOW IT SEEMS EVEN LONGER THAN THAT TO ME.

FINAL EPISODE BELOW

https://youtu.be/KRxTR3N38iw

I CANT TELL WHICH MY FAVE SERIES ARE AS I FIND IT HARD REMEMBERING WHAT HAPPENED IN WHICH ONE.
    BUT I DO REMEMBER SEEING THE FIRST PUPIL KILLED SURE IT WAS IN THE FIRST 5 SERIES WHEN I THINK HE FELL FROM A GREAT HEIGHT.
    MR BRONSON'S DISLIKE FOR A CERTAIN STUDENT IN PARTICULAR.
    You know Me, Darren Mate - but I guess we all have m,emories of many things, we can recall

How you add certain "finds" etc on the Forum here amazes me too mate

Argh yer Mr Bronson you mean v Ant anbd Danny yeah!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      When the series started in 1978, ITV had a similar series called A Bunch of Fives, and I have wondered whether either one had inspired the other or vice versa, so parodying could have even happened when it started in the late 1970s. Also, I remember seeing the opening titles to How online and thought how similar they were to the GH "comic strip" opening titles.
      I can't believe that A Bunch Of Fives had a young Jamie Forman in it (of the re-cast fame of Derek Branning) from EasteEnders

I thoiught Jamie's acting in A bUnch Of Fives was a bit iffy - but it certainly proves the old adage of if a character appears different in differing roles etc!!

80sChav

Comment

In England there has been quite a fuss in the papers as it is 10 years this month since Grange Hill was axed - abliet the final Series was in September and "watered down" in the extreme!! Though this was like the 00s - it is still awesome they are reflecting on it (eg Today's Daily Star ande Sunday's sun On Sunday) have both produced decent and for once (where Newspapers are concerned - with facts that is correct about TV Programme Characters)!

I don't know why - but I never thought too deeply that Ziggy in 1986 was a then "modern day Tucker" but this has struck a chord no doubts (though granted the thought did cross my mind) occasionally and I never guessed/collaberated this together as to why Ziggy was the total greatest character ever (not as in a sense bigger than the show but ..... just character-wise! Before reading this in today's Star I'd have adapted more of a link with Zammo and Tucker than Ziggy and Tucker - but now the more I think about it - Ziggy would not hurt a fly (as proved by the Frogg in the pond) and he'd look after the younger Years (but in a sometimes say cheeky way) but he really cared for them - like when everybody ganged up against Tegs - when he was sleeping up by the Watertank in 1989 as a prime example!

I think it would be fair enough to say we all wanted mates at School like Ziggy and Robbie and Gonch lesser so - though I know some fans prefered Gonch with Hollo than with Robbie and Ziggy and even on occasion I knew Gonch to take sides with Vince or Trevor - but even how Ziggy looked out for Vince at times, but they was only like friends through others supports the "Tucker side" to Ziggy i think

On a last note - how it'd be done, I don't know but is this a que to bringing Grange Hill back after 10 years away and no Waterloo Rd or Akley Bridge being a replacement - because i for one am thrilled with these 2 articles, as it never got such big spreads in 2008 - just little articles I recall, so yer is this the chance to bring it back - because too as is known if the papers have "a Bee in their bonnet", invariably they don't let go - so may-be this is all it needs contacting "said Newspapers" to pressure it's return I am thinking ....... may-be!!

80Chav

Comment

If it was to come back where would it be set liverpool london etc.

Would phil redmond want anything to do with it.
          Near the end it was not as good as it had been which perhaps led to it finishing.

10 yrs it feels much longer than 10 yrs to me.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
          in england there has been quite a fuss in the papers as it is 10 years this month since grange hill was axed - abliet the final series was in september and "watered down" in the extreme!! Though this was like the 00s - it is still awesome they are reflecting on it (eg today's daily star ande sunday's sun on sunday) have both produced decent and for once (where newspapers are concerned - with facts that is correct about tv programme characters)!

I don't know why - but i never thought too deeply that ziggy in 1986 was a then "modern day tucker" but this has struck a chord no doubts (though granted the thought did cross my mind) occasionally and i never guessed/collaberated this together as to why ziggy was the total greatest character ever (not as in a sense bigger than the show but ..... Just character-wise! Before reading this in today's star i'd have adapted more of a link with zammo and tucker than ziggy and tucker - but now the more i think about it - ziggy would not hurt a fly (as proved by the frogg in the pond) and he'd look after the younger years (but in a sometimes say cheeky way) but he really cared for them - like when everybody ganged up against tegs - when he was sleeping up by the watertank in 1989 as a prime example!

I think it would be fair enough to say we all wanted mates at school like ziggy and robbie and gonch lesser so - though i know some fans prefered gonch with hollo than with robbie and ziggy and even on occasion i knew gonch to take sides with vince or trevor - but even how ziggy looked out for vince at times, but they was only like friends through others supports the "tucker side" to ziggy i think

on a last note - how it'd be done, i don't know but is this a que to bringing grange hill back after 10 years away and no waterloo rd or akley bridge being a replacement - because i for one am thrilled with these 2 articles, as it never got such big spreads in 2008 - just little articles i recall, so yer is this the chance to bring it back - because too as is known if the papers have "a bee in their bonnet", invariably they don't let go - so may-be this is all it needs contacting "said newspapers" to pressure it's return i am thinking ....... May-be!!

80chav
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I would like to see Grange Hill repeated again, just like BBC 2 did on Sunday mornings from 1993 onwards, starting from the Tucker/Trisha/Mr Mitchell era of the first series onwards. If ITV 3 can show Coronation Street again from the mid to late 1980s, then this is a reason why other cult series should be shown again, along with other cult series such as PCBH, Casualty, The Bill, and others for a new generation and a nostalgia perspective, although perhaps not on the CBBC channel in order to avoid ironic scheduling. I know that the DVDs are still around, but the popularity indicates the fact that a rerun would gather a lot of interest, especially after we have just had the 40th anniversary of the first episode.

I would put McClusky's retirement at the end of the 1991 series as a cut-off point for the rerun - I wouldn't bother showing series after that as it had lost its identity that it originally had.

I know that if it was up to Phil Redmond, he would have wanted 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace to have relocated to Liverpool as well!
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Truer Darren mate yer - where would it be, yeah ... Liverpool or London?! Though yer the last 5 years was poor, Phil managed to gain it a further 5 years through moving it to Liveerpool - but the interest this time is awesome (news/web-wise I think) as 10 years a-go it was as if people just let it go I think

80sChav

Comment

I would like to see Grange Hill repeated again, just like BBC 2 did on Sunday mornings from 1993 onwards, starting from the Tucker/Trisha/Mr Mitchell era of the first series onwards. If ITV 3 can show Coronation Street again from the mid to late 1980s, then this is a reason why other cult series should be shown again, along with other cult series such as PCBH, Casualty, The Bill, and others for a new generation and a nostalgia perspective, although perhaps not on the CBBC channel in order to avoid ironic scheduling. I know that the DVDs are still around, but the popularity indicates the fact that a rerun would gather a lot of interest, especially after we have just had the 40th anniversary of the first episode.

I would put McClusky's retirement at the end of the 1991 series as a cut-off point for the rerun - I wouldn't bother showing series after that as it had lost its identity that it originally had.

I know that if it was up to Phil Redmond, he would have wanted 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace to have relocated to Liverpool as well!
                Me too George - I'd like to have the Repeats re-run - but I'd love more new Series' more! A 10 year gap is nothing these days -= in-particular when you look at Birds Of A Feather and all it's comebacks! Have the right cast too and I can not see why it can't be filmed at Elstree like Casualty and occasionaly Holby too!

80sChav

Comment

They should never have changed the iconic theme tune and titles.

(I seem to remember a time when ITV's "Give Us A Clue" had the same theme tune.)

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post

(I seem to remember a time when ITV's "Give Us A Clue" had the same theme tune.)
                    I agree Clare - and with the opening credits with the Sausage too

Though at least the old theme returned once in 2008 for the Final series!!

80sChav

Comment

I watched most of it between about 1982 to 1992, & enjoyed the repeats in the 1990s of the earlier episodes.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was when Aspel presented it back in 1979, with Stubbs and Blair as team captains - and a very brown looking studio and chairs. There is a UK Gold clip on YT with an early GUAC on it.

Alan Hawkshaw used to get a credit in the GUAC credits as composer of the theme, but it wasn't until when the GH theme was rerecorded in 1988 that Hawkshaw got a mention there as well.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I always liked Gonch Gardener and that era.

Comment

It was when Aspel presented it back in 1979, with Stubbs and Blair as team captains - and a very brown looking studio and chairs. There is a UK Gold clip on YT with an early GUAC on it.

Alan Hawkshaw used to get a credit in the GUAC credits as composer of the theme, but it wasn't until when the GH theme was rerecorded in 1988 that Hawkshaw got a mention there as well.
                            Alan Hawkshaw did the "Countdown" theme as well, didn't he?

Comment

Comment

Alan Hawkshaw did the "Countdown" theme as well, didn't he?
                                I believe he did so Clare yer!

Ther 1990 theme was compare to the Cagney and Lacey Theme ....... though I am unsure how/why

I think the last but 1 Episode with Tigger having his Tie thin side out was the best, best 80s tribute and goodybye to the fans imaginable as well!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X