Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

For anyone that loved the late 80s/early 90s era and the Series 12 Prom episode - I have been doing some research on the band "Hold The Frame" who sang in Episodes 19 and 20 and sang an amazihng song (that I never knew it's name of) until last night, just before the point in the Episode that Mauler and Ted andTrev all had their "Handbags at 10 Paces Fight" over who was the only 1 eligable to be Rambo and just before Ziggy and Georgina finaly dated - here is a link to the song in question

Sorry in advance if I should not have posted it, but I always knew that Hold The Frame was a fantastic group who was as a part of the Prom Episode as all the other cast and that they just seem so under-appreciated. Me - i always found them to have that 2Robert Palmer Feel", others have said they sound like David Bowie -but either way both are glowing testamounts to them I feel

Here is the link to Elysium
    https://youtu.be/IQUuDX4JxUo

Comment

"I only want to help you, Ro-land." She was nice, if annoying!

Comment

I liked the "Mr Mitchell" era of GH - OK, it was quite low key compared with later series, but I first saw them on Sunday mornings in 1993 and I quite warmed to the Tucker / Trisha axis of the form. Managed to get a signed picture of Michael Percival as recently as 2004 - I didn't mention his part in GH as actors probably want to put former characters behind them and move on. He passed on in 2015 as I read in The Stage.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          I liked the "Mr Mitchell" era of GH - OK, it was quite low key compared with later series, but I first saw them on Sunday mornings in 1993 and I quite warmed to the Tucker / Trisha axis of the form. Managed to get a signed picture of Michael Percival as recently as 2004 - I didn't mention his part in GH as actors probably want to put former characters behind them and move on. He passed on in 2015 as I read in The Stage.
          For me with "old Mitch" it was like Marmite I think i am fair in saying/feeling

Ziggy and the gang followed my Matthew Pearson was always my fves ... but as much as I appreciate Tucker being one of the first GH Generation - I am sorry to say Todd Carty is an appalling actor who is very 1 deminsional and talks/speaks the same in all roles he has had - right through to PC Gabriel Kent in The Bill, then Tucker again in GH in 2003 and 2008

80sChav

Comment

Here's a question for you: which Grange Hill teacher has a name which rhymes with a British Prime Minister?
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The answer is... Maurice Bronson and Boris Johnson!

I thought it was quite obvious myself...
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Why on earth would they choose to name a teacher after a crazy mass murderer ?

The name is synonymous..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The answer is... Maurice Bronson and Boris Johnson!

I thought it was quite obvious myself...
                  Hmm that's a good one George yeah - I like it!!

Talking of Bronson - he had supposedly (off screen before he retired in 89) met Hargreaves before he became Deputy - now that i would loved to of watched Hargreaves, Bronson and Mad Dog Glover all arguing in a Room (in a sort of 1980s pre-Big Brother style episode)!!

80sChav

Comment

I was thinking about Michael Sheard appearing in Coronation Street in around February 1989 (he was seen last year on ITV 3) as Arthur Dabner, a companion for Emily Bishop. Now, I believe that it would have been Sheard's first post-Grange Hill role since hanging his toupee up, although he was still seen in GH at the same time as his Corrie appearance.

And of course Roland Macleod who played vicar Bernard Morton in Corrie (another interest for Emily Bishop) - he also played a painter and decorator back in series three of Grange Hill in 1980 - remember when Dwayne Orpington got paint on his coat and the white spirit had to be applied?
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      Why on earth would they choose to name a teacher after a crazy mass murderer ?

The name is synonymous..
                      Don't forget there was an actor called Bronson for which the murderer named himself after.

Wasn't there some controversy with the series one head Mr Starling's because his name sounded to some people a bit like Stalin?
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was thinking about Michael Sheard appearing in Coronation Street in around February 1989 (he was seen last year on ITV 3) as Arthur Dabner, a companion for Emily Bishop. Now, I believe that it would have been Sheard's first post-Grange Hill role since hanging his toupee up, although he was still seen in GH at the same time as his Corrie appearance.
                        Not forgetting he was also in Empire Strikes Back and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In the mid 90s I saw him in a WH Smiths where he was signing his autobiography (Memoirs of a Bum Actor), there was no queue, so i walked up and started talking loudly about these roles along with Grange Hill and got a signed book. After that quite a few people came up for copies too. Still have it, I got him to sign it "You boy" as that was a saying a teacher at my school had who was very reminiscent of Mr Bronson so not something he'd usually sign with.

Comment

Don't forget there was an actor called Bronson for which the murderer named himself after.

Wasn't there some controversy with the series one head Mr Starling's because his name sounded to some people a bit like Stalin?
                          I never watched a single episode sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't think Charles Bronson has actually killed anyone, but is still one of the most dangerous criminals in the prison system.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                              I never watched a single episode sorry
                              Neither did I until BBC 2 started to repeat them at 10.30 am on Sunday mornings in early 1993.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                                Not forgetting he was also in Empire Strikes Back and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In the mid 90s I saw him in a WH Smiths where he was signing his autobiography (Memoirs of a Bum Actor), there was no queue, so i walked up and started talking loudly about these roles along with Grange Hill and got a signed book. After that quite a few people came up for copies too. Still have it, I got him to sign it "You boy" as that was a saying a teacher at my school had who was very reminiscent of Mr Bronson so not something he'd usually sign with.
                                It was strange though Mulletino how Bronco never had a go at kids for wearing their ties thin - like we did, but he had a go at Susi Young over wearing that "Revesable Jumper" that looked just like a School Jumper in Series 11, but he never pulled Freddie up over wearing a Polo Shirt as opposed to a Shirt (which was the rules!!)

Though too I read a YT comment that like he went after Ant and more so Danny, but never Imelda who caused terror in the extreme over a Series and half - though then again this was a reflection of how there was no "given drawn line" in the 80s between good and bad from a Teachers perspective I think/feel ..... and as Ant said to Georgina in Series 10 - after moving to St Joes - they have no idea who is good and bad at GH - which also connects with my Imelda opinions!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X