Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

I have always wondered what Grange Hill would be like in 2020 if the series was still on TV screens - would the school have a different headteacher? - who would the main pupils be? - would it be an academy and would have a different name by now?

I would guess that with the last question, it would have changed like that by now.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I have always wondered what Grange Hill would be like in 2020 if the series was still on TV screens - would the school have a different headteacher? - who would the main pupils be? - would it be an academy and would have a different name by now?

I would guess that with the last question, it would have changed like that by now.
      It would be like Waterloo Rd I'd imagine George, and it'd be rough etc like WR and like most Schools (I[d imagine are) these days!)

I just hope they 'd never have gone down a Polo Shirt/Sweater uniform and abolishing the Blazer/tie - or worse than Polos/Sweaters, Clip-On TIES!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by JimCarver79 View Post
        I saw Arran Bell once as an employee of The Firm in EastEnders back in '88. Didn't look at all intimidating or scary. Not like Ziggy Byfield or the guy who played Dolly's husband in Widows.

If they bring back GH, good for them.
        I bet he was good though!

I had heard somewhere - he is the son of Arran Bell snr - who is a Director of Programmes or something similar

Comment

could be that of all the Grange Hill pupils Pats Palmer has gone on to be
          the most successful of them all ....

Comment

Originally posted by silverbirch View Post
            could be that of all the Grange Hill pupils Pats Palmer has gone on to be
            the most successful of them all ....
            Pasty was good, though if she was'nt in the "thin tie gang" as she had her's in 86 and 87 Series 9 and 10 I'd be less likley to approve silverbank

I guess you had your tie was as so Silverbirch yes??

80ssChva

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              Oh i see

storylines could be interesting suck as the dangers and advantages of social media which i think he mentioned in the interview.
              If they can keep re-newing and swapping Stations for rubbish and tat like Big Brother and Celbrity Big Brother Darren , then i am sure phil could push a bit harder towards another TV Station - even having it on later on, later at night after the watershead even, as far as that goes!!

I can even recall him saying on a CBBC Interview circa roughly 1998 that i tapedand probably still have it somewhere , that Phil said as long as Schools exist so would a need for Grange Hilland let's face it Ackley bridge is no replacement for waterloo rd even if it has a decent cast in it which Waterloo did have - but was still no Grange hill replacement - so to me that leaves "srandad between a rock and a hard place"
              Last edited by 80sChav; 05-02-2020, 16:08.

Comment

Years back (early 200s) on all the old Yahoo Groups etc - some member wrote a fantastic fantasy storyline involving after hollo had left Grange hilla nd imelda as both left in 1987 Series 10 the 3rd Year (Year 9 Currency Today) where there wassomething about Gonch and Hollo and Ziggy/Robbie etc ganging upon Imelda then somehow Imelda reedeemed herself - it even probably involved Mauler I think , who never "supposedly" knew Hollo

I hated it when they introduced characters we never knew wh existed, but the writters thought we should know them - the only exceptions being Freddie and Ant in Series 9 and 10 for Ant and 10 and 11 for Freddie. Even Danny's originial year including Danny - that was immensley 2waterd down" by Year 11 (5th Year in 1988 Currency) to include just Freddie, Laura and Louise as Danny had been put back to do his 4th Year again and Julia went to St Bernedettes with ant wrote out after a 2nd Year at St Joe's - to me even that was'nt convincing having only 3 Years with "said characters" and I would have loved to have watched Danny and Freddie in First Year - though it sadly was'nt to be

One thing though regarding their Year - can anyone (real knowledable GH Fans) confirm for certain if Big Tel and Tony Trent was in Freddie's year (Clark's Brother as in Clark/Tegs and Matthew Pearson) as 1st Years in 88. Thanks

80sChav

Comment

Dont think that Patsy had a speaking part in the series,
                  she just always seemed to be in the background

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    Years back (early 200s) on all the old Yahoo Groups etc
                    That's more than 1,800 years ago!
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

She played a character called Natasha in 1986 when she appeared in the "Gonch's toast bar" storyline - PE teacher Liz "mother of Laura" Regan spoke to her and asked her whether eating toast in the playground is another craze.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        She played a character called Natasha in 1986 when she appeared in the "Gonch's toast bar" storyline - PE teacher Liz "mother of Laura" Regan spoke to her and asked her whether eating toast in the playground is another craze.
                        ...and too she played a part in the background in Series 10 as a member of Form E3 - sitting quietly in the background while Trev and Imelda tourtored Mr Scott, George mate!!

80sChav

Comment

Occassional ones and I think she had a few words when ronnie, callie and Jayne wanted to stop Imelda acying up in Series 10!!

Comment

Naomi Campbell was an extra in some episodes in the mid 1980s, not sure if she got any lines.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              ...and too she played a part in the background in Series 10 as a member of Form E3 - sitting quietly in the background while Trev and Imelda tourtored Mr Scott, George mate!!
                              Probably the same character, although I don't think I saw her name in the credits and so she must have been downgraded to being an Extra. Mind you, with what else was going on in Scott's form in 1987, it's too easy to overlook some of the Extras. As she was obviously a girl, I would have wondered whether she would have sided with Imelda or have been on Calley and Ronnie's side of the fence.

One Extra I can think of is that male pupil who tried to put a corner of the register in his mouth when Scott said "the register is a legal document and must be taken twice daily" - I think that was from the episode where scrunched up paper and paper planes on the classroom floor probably made it a target for a Keep Britain Tidy campaign. Also, who indeed were "Allen" and "Beeching", before Birtles was mentioned - the two names which often came first in the E3 class register. In their First Year (E1?) in 1985 when McClusky called the register it did - the episode where Calley was in the girls' toilets when she found that she was adopted, and Miss Washington had told the class to "mark themselves in the register". She could have been one of them.

Interesting how surnames are chosen so that they tally when class registers are taken - Trisha Yates, Susi Young etc, were probably chosen to be at the end of the register. And Alan Humphries seemed to be a regular at the Deed Poll place so that his surname would probably be in its place when the class register was called.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                                Naomi Campbell was an extra in some episodes in the mid 1980s, not sure if she got any lines.
                                I think it was in series 5 (1982) - the same series where future That's Life! "Nancy" Gavin Campbell (same surname but not related to Naomi) appeared in that Chessington Zoo episode as a teacher from a rival school with a Bronson-type attitude. Gavin Campbell joined a postponed series of the consumer show in autumn of that year due to Esther's pregnancy earlier on in 1982.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X