• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

That was Gonch selling the snacks.. best character

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I think my biggest firstr GH crush was Miss Lexington!!

No coincidence that she had a Princess Diana haircut considering that it was the 1981 series, although she looked more like Anneka Rice by time she made her final appearances in 1984.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
        That was Gonch selling the snacks.. best character
        That's him, Gonch!

Comment

One thing i did notice the 1st series was very short in terms of episodes prob because it was the 1st series and they wanted to see how well it did.

Pretty strong storylines in the 1st few series.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Just Say No campaign was good. Was there a story of a female student fancying her teacher and she wrote in her diary some fantasies about the teacher which almost got him into trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
              The Just Say No campaign was good. Was there a story of a female student fancying her teacher and she wrote in her diary some fantasies about the teacher which almost got him into trouble?
              Yes, Clare/Claire Scott fancied Mr Hopwood, and her mum found her diary, and her dad went ballistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                ... Clare/Claire Scott ...
                I noticed that in her first series, she was Clare, but then became Claire!

Comment

Did anybody read the Lee McDonald Article in the Sunday Mirror about 2 or 3 weeks back and how Lee would love to have re-union GH Episode, where we got to know what they had all been upto in a programe that basicaly conytinued on from GH?

Hand on heart I really hope Lee as well as I think it'd be with Erkan Mustafa's (Roland) help, as I can honestly say being in Lee's Company for 3 to 5 minutes at the 2009 re-union in London, that Lee is one of the most geniune celebs off TV and one of the most infectious you could wish to meet, who has never forgot or wanted to forget what Grange Hill did for him - un-like some of the ex-cast (thouygh thanbkfuly that only hits 5 I'd say, if even that), but Lee really is the guy who can achieve this and i truly believe he will

I dunno how on earth iot'd be scrited - but to anyone who loves Grange Hill (though Lee probably does not visit here) people in Lee's situation know how to search and Cas-h things to find out their needed info - so please, please post any good storylines (sensible) that you think may fit in - in-case he did doa search - aka like "Mad Max" Hargreaves made his fortune after leaving his Halifax Headship job in the terms of running and founding a Computer Firm like Armstrad or something and say Freddie got a Job as an Ameatur DJ in his spare-time as well being an advisor to DJ's 9or an Agent) and like Justine Dean became a Social worker and somehow her work brought her into buisness matters with Tegs after he learned several differing Launguages in his last 2 or so years at School in Germany from 1991 or say Chrissy has a master-piece hanging in London Art Gallery and his renowned in all the major Art Citys and say Gonch and Hollo got re-untied and they own an Arkwrighht's Junk Emporium selking slick rubbish found on dump-it-sites and sold for a fortune though it is penny-less in value!!

What about Mauler too and did Ted become a big influence in the catering buisness and may-be just may-be they both own a top eatery ln London Jamie Oliver style but are still making a mess of it like in a Chuckle Brother style, just like they did with their hairbrained schemes at school may-be Ziggy is a top Football Scout as could Matthew Pearson too, possibly!!

Also talking about Ted - what about Chrissy - I think somewhere, somehow - Ted, Chrissy and Jay did become a proper family and he made a honourable woman of her dispite intterrference frm Justine and and Freddie and Paula and their Parents on Chrissy's part

80sChav
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 17-05-2018, 00:07.

Comment

I am sorry - time had run out to add more people (and what they are upto now) but Martin Miller possinly has a job with Green-Peace or even the Green Party itself!!?

What too about Imelda - did she ever get a Job at Rent-O-Kill or did she just go off the rail totaly .... butr what too about Grange Hill's two most love/hate friendships ever - re;, Ziggy and Imelda (bordering on his short spell dating Georgina - or did Imelda put a new spoke in that idea - as though he'd moved back to Liverpool it was only 2 years - just over since Imelda left GH, enough time to put her spoke in with Georhina - Ziggy being in Liverpool or not , though yeah Georgina got over Ziggy leaving pretty quick through dating Mike and Don).

Then as I was about to add above - before Ziggy and Imelda side-tracked me .... there was the modern vgersion of them - Maddie and Martin .... what did happen to Maddie after she walkled out on 6th Form after a few days and is Martin's firsat love - not Kathyor Maddie ... still incinterators!?

80sChav

Comment

Also talking about Ted - what about Chrissy - I think somewhere, somehow - Ted, Chrissy and Jay did become a proper family and he made a honourable woman of her...
                      Yes, that'd be nice. And Jay is in his 20s now, and married with a child too. Zammo and Jackie's children are grown up too... I feel quite old just thinking about it!

Comment

Yes, that'd be nice. And Jay is in his 20s now, and married with a child too. Zammo and Jackie's children are grown up too... I feel quite old just thinking about it!
                        That would be great to see with Jay as young guy in his 20s now Clare - I bet he'd have loads of story's to tell about the "Royalty of Grange hill - Aka the Mainwairing/Fisk Family's"

I am unsure myself if Zammo and Jackie ever did "last the course" I feel in a way - but imagine Freddie and Julie was married and Juli(a0 kept throwing a spanner in the works but somehow - Julie Corrigan got somehow linked to the Mainwairing/Fisk Clans - that'd be well confusing , with 2 Julie's and a Julia!!!

80sChav

Comment

Yes, that'd be nice. And Jay is in his 20s now, and married with a child too
                          I think Clare, that if a "Jay" was to be cast as a guy in his 20s I'd like to see it be Greame from Coronatioon Street (David Platt's friend who was in young offender's and married Tina's best friend in Corrie) so she could stay as an illegal immigrant - that the guy who played Greame could play a cheeky Mainwairing who'd be just like his Uncle Freddie was in his Teens and no doubt in his early 20s.

I would hope given the "Royalty" the Mainwairing's are to GH any casting of Jay was given extreme careful consideration!

80sChav

Comment

I would hope given the "Royalty" the Mainwairing's are to GH any casting of Jay was given extreme careful consideration!
                            Benedict Cumberbatch.

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch.
                              I don't knoew much about him to be honest Clare, but he is 41 - might he be a bit old?

80sChav

Comment

Hand on heart I really hope Lee as well as I think it'd be with Erkan Mustafa's (Roland) help, as I can honestly say being in Lee's Company for 3 to 5 minutes at the 2009 re-union in London, that Lee is one of the most geniune celebs off TV and one of the most infectious you could wish to meet, who has never forgot or wanted to forget what Grange Hill did for him - un-like some of the ex-cast (thouygh thanbkfuly that only hits 5 I'd say, if even that), but Lee really is the guy who can achieve this and i truly believe he will

80sChav
                                This will never happen in today's TV climate. And I personally do not want to see a reunion either - I have a real school reunion coming up and think that I will not be going!
                                Tucker's Luck was quite watchable because of Todd Carty and his few pals that were in it, but by the second series it was fizzled out. just as well it ended there really. I'm sure Lee Macdonald would love to do a follow-up but I don't think enough people want to see that on television. it would have to be some crowd-funded venture shown on the internet that he produced himself - I cannot see the BBC doing this. The TV landscape these days is all about reality programming / cop dramas / and gameshows. Channel 5 would probably be interested in a "where are they now" sleazy type show about all the bad stuff that happened to cast members. Because that's the type of show most channels are into right now...sad to say. Let's not forget copyright also...

Comment

Working...
                                X