Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

it seems and feels much longer than 3 and a bit yrs since it ended.
    but G H has probably given usd more stars than any other u k tv show.
    even though its primarily a kids show it did deal with adult type stories.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    being a kiids show does for me put in a league of its of its own in a different league yes but not necessarily a better league.
    i remember so well the very last episdode after i heard it was finishing.
    was so shocked when i heard the news.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    I doubt I can think of many other BBC Programmes that are as good as Grange Hill, Darren. There have been many - Bread, EastEnders, Only Fools and Horses, Waterloo Road but Grange hill is the best one they have had, but then again it was a Children'ss programme but it was so good "back in the day" It deserves to be really termed an "Adult's Show" and should really be on Gold with all the other great TV Show's, but it being more of a Children's show - does that put in a leauge of it's own v all the other show's, I don'[t know!!

Someone should really rescue it and havew it back up and running - I think. Aftrer all, it's only not quite 4 year's since it ended - 4 years at the end of the year, so it's like 3 and half rather!
    Last edited by darren; 28-02-2012, 15:54.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

a few things i noticed when watching thr first tw series only noticed these recently.

The poster of Genesis in concert from "Seconds out" in Trish Yates bedroom

A national theatre brochure from 1978 pinned to a cork board.

Cathy shoplifting from a fashion boutique named The clockwork orange

Cathy holding an album by The Tom Robinson band TRB

Comment

I suppose that due to the boy/girl confusion that Jessica Samuels had in 1979, it was probably a relief that skirts were compulsary for girl pupils at Grange Hill back then, so we could tell the difference.
        http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

This has probablyalready been cover, but just treat myself to series 1+2, which wereboth before my time when originally shown being born in 1980). Whatgreat pieces of TV, with excellent writing and story telling. I havereally enjoyed GH, watching several episode off the trot (you canimagine the Mrs not being happy), so looking forward to getting3+4.

Why has the BBC not released further series??

Comment

will never understand why more series have not had a dvd release.

you think the bbc would be going mad to release them.

would bring them in a fortune.

kids who never seen it would get to and maybe love it as much as us more mature members.hehe

and for us olders boys and girls to have the chance to buy it and bring back so many memories of a show that is so iconic and a big part of a lot of our lives as kids and beyond.

just started watching series 7 last night great stuff.
            poor old mr smart trying to have a sense of humour.

pretty sure i never saw this series originally but not 100 per cent.

Originally posted by daddymac View Post
            This has probablyalready been cover, but just treat myself to series 1+2, which wereboth before my time when originally shown being born in 1980). Whatgreat pieces of TV, with excellent writing and story telling. I havereally enjoyed GH, watching several episode off the trot (you canimagine the Mrs not being happy), so looking forward to getting3+4.

Why has the BBC not released further series??

Comment

I'm not aware of any rights issues, but I remember a few episodes used music that might be expensive to clear.

Also some people appearing in it might be reluctant to have it released, I think that's holding up further releases of Rentaghost.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had definitley thought it was to do with Music Right's and Royalties etc. Why it can not be paid though amazes me, I mean lot's of other TV Programes have Song's by Artists of the time playing in them, like Only Fools and Horses as a prime example.

If only the BBC agreeed to pay the Right's/Royalties for Music played in Grange Hill they would re-make the costs they had to pay out for them 40/50 times again - if not more. I juist wish people or the TV people rather, would accept and recognise Grange Hill as being in the top 10 longest running TV Pro#grames ever 9and this is for Children too).

To my knowledge only Coronation Street and Last Of The Summer Wine had ran more years, and The Archers on Radio, though now Emmerdale may of moved above Grange Hill possibly. I really can not think of any other Programes that ran longer or equal to Grange Hill, though if any other TV Programes have ran longer i'd be willing to stand corrected.

80sChav

Comment

grange hill actress ruth emmanuella davies known professionally as rudi davies played penny lewis in grange hill between 1979 to 1982.

She was born in 1967 which made her twelve when she first appeared in grange hill.

Comment

Series 3 and 4 have not been released because apparently,the first 2 didn't sell well enough. I loved watching them despite them being edited.

Comment

Well im not to shocked the first two series did not do to well.

the first series only has nine episodes as it was only phil testing the water to see who well it would do.

They really should release series 3 and 4 im sure they would do better and later series would continue to sell better.

Im currently weatching series nine boy its good stuff.
                      jonah always late for class blaming mr baxter for that.

imelda causing her using trouble with the terrahawks.

poor ziggy getting that stuff rubbed on his back.

ive got to the episode where they get a fourth mermber.

bronson goes to the gym to have a chat with bullet baxter.

georgina sort of weants to leave them though.

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                      Series 3 and 4 have not been released because apparently,the first 2 didn't sell well enough. I loved watching them despite them being edited.

Comment

It's recently come to light that Joann Kenny - Jane Bishop in mid-late '80s Grange Hill - died in 2010.
                        http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

thats very sad to hear.
                          around 3 yrs ago.

i remember her character well.

Originally posted by Victoria O'Keefe View Post
                          It's recently come to light that Joann Kenny - Jane Bishop in mid-late '80s Grange Hill - died in 2010.

Comment

Ah I had almost forgotten about Grange Hill, have just watched a few of the early ones on Youtube and remembered how much I liked it as a child. It started a couple of years before I went to secondary school and may have misled me about what to expect! My favourite character was Trisha - she was so confident and ballsy and I wished I could be more like that. I did end up having the same arguments as her with the teachers in high school about wearing jewellery, make up and refusing to stick to the proper uniform though. She lives and works near where I live at the moment and I have been tempted to go and say hello but she might think me a bit of a stalker Ps I have to agree with some of the other posters about Todd Carty being overrated as an actor; I thought he was dreadful in Eastenders, and only slightly better in GH.

Comment

go on say hello trisha heh

did u watch t all the way to the end have u saw every series.

i seen it all but had to watch the first 5 or 6 series n yt as i was just 3 when it started.

the first series had so few eps because it was just an experiment and the director mr redmond was not sure how well it would do.

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
                              Ah I had almost forgotten about Grange Hill, have just watched a few of the early ones on Youtube and remembered how much I liked it as a child. It started a couple of years before I went to secondary school and may have misled me about what to expect! My favourite character was Trisha - she was so confident and ballsy and I wished I could be more like that. I did end up having the same arguments as her with the teachers in high school about wearing jewellery, make up and refusing to stick to the proper uniform though. She lives and works near where I live at the moment and I have been tempted to go and say hello but she might think me a bit of a stalker Ps I have to agree with some of the other posters about Todd Carty being overrated as an actor; I thought he was dreadful in Eastenders, and only slightly better in GH.

Comment

Haha Darren, I wonder how often people ask her about Grange Hill nowadays? Her and her husband have a double glazing business and I don't really have an excuse to go in there! I only watched it until I left school myself, so probably until about 1987 whatever series that was. I had a couple of the books as well, wish I had kept all that stuff now! Which series/times were your favourites?

Comment

Working...
                                X