Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Grange hill

Default Re: Grange hill

Rowland also fell in love with a French exchange student & tried to sneak on a ferry to follow her home.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I always think of that relationship a bit like how Phyllis Pearce used to follow Percy Sugden around in Coronation Street - very similar. To be fair, I am certain that she felt sorry for him, and surely that is something positive?

Janet St Clair was African? - I am not sure about that, but I am certain that the actress was born in this country and was of West Indian origin.
    I didn't mean she was actually of African origin, just that her accent was from West africa

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    I didn't mean she was actually of African origin, just that her accent was from West africa
    I hadn't noticed her accent myself.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Rowland also fell in love with a French exchange student & tried to sneak on a ferry to follow her home.
    Her name was Fabien, Richard and Roland mentioned as late as Series 10, e asked her if she would marry him later on

I think Fabien was even in a few Episodes alongside Janet - not as they "declared" each other, as rivals for Rolly's effections!

80sChav

I don't remember much about Fabien but funnily enough she looked a bit like Miss Mooney the teacher from a few series before - Roland was speaking French all the time, probably to: A) Impress her; and B) Be prepared just in case he could move to France with her. Janet St Clair warned Roland: "you've got to start speaking English again, Roland - you can't speak French all the time".

I wonder whether the actress who played her was indeed French or the fact that she simply portrayed a French person quite well?
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).