Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Grange hill

Default Re: Grange hill

Who else is still loving Series 10 (the best ever), 32 years on from 1987!!?

It's unbeliveable and un-comprendable to think that that Series is only 18 years shy of being 50 years old or more-ever 8 short of it being new 40 years back!1

80sChav

Mr "Selina" Scott was in that series, and I think that he was the most sincere GH form tutor since Mr Mitchell in the first two series - pity that he had to put up with Imelda and Trevor Cleaver which to be honest I thought that was victimised more with Cleaver and so I would say that he had more trouble with him. I like him as he tried to be reasonable with his form and there would have been a harmonious relationship with his form if those two weren't in it.

Arran Bell also appeared in a couple of episodes of The Bill circa 1991 as a Detective - he always seemed to be a quiet, shy type which shows through.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Mr "Selina" Scott was in that series, and I think that he was the most sincere GH form tutor since Mr Mitchell in the first two series - pity that he had to put up with Imelda and Trevor Cleaver which to be honest I thought that was victimised more with Cleaver and so I would say that he had more trouble with him. I like him as he tried to be reasonable with his form and there would have been a harmonious relationship with his form if those two weren't in it.

Arran Bell also appeared in a couple of episodes of The Bill circa 1991 as a Detective - he always seemed to be a quiet, shy type which shows through.
    Arran was brilliant as Mr Scott - an un-mitgated walking disaster and truely happless in nearly every sense, George!

I can only imagine what it'd of been like if he had survived 2 and bit more years to be along-side that next disaster that was Mr Hankin! Thankfully though Jeff Hankin gave Grange Hill 12 years loyal service and ultimatley was respected by Teachers and Kids a-like - even if though as late as 2001 Kieron "Franklyn" Ozzie Osbourne ran a hate campaign against him

80sChav

Geoff Hankin (I think it was spelt with a G) was in GH for 13 series as I think he was there between 1990 and 2002 - the series before Robson left.

I have to admit that Hankin reminded me of a Science teacher at my school - he was a little bit eccentric which meant that I enjoyed his lessons even more.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Geoff Hankin (I think it was spelt with a G) was in GH for 13 series as I think he was there between 1990 and 2002 - the series before Robson left.

I have to admit that Hankin reminded me of a Science teacher at my school - he was a little bit eccentric which meant that I enjoyed his lessons even more.
    Hya George,

I can not recall it ever been seen or said Mr Hankin was a Geoff with a "G", I personally always imagined him to be a "J" Jeff or so I'd hoped - just I guess/thought that the "J" suited him more/better, like some Stephens with a "P" or "H2, but each to his/her own thoughts/opinions if it was never clarified I say!!

Talking about Mr Hankin, as has been said previous - I wonder who did survive the 2002 Fire 9or reading between the lines) anyway and what Grange Hill may have become if there had been one more or more Series' in London after 2002 as opposed to "Liverpool"!?

80sChav

I know that Baxter was a Geoff, and I am certain that I saw on the IMDB that Hankin was a Geoff as well - in Britain, the G spelling seems to be more common than the J spelling.