Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

I Love Grange Hill It Was Very Good Program My Favourites Was Mrs McClusky & Mr Bronson.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Favourite character was Peter (Tucker) Jenkins.

A reaaly good searies to watch is a spin-off to GrAnge Hill called Tucker's Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
        Favourite character was Peter (Tucker) Jenkins.

A reaaly good searies to watch is a spin-off to GrAnge Hill called Tucker's Luck
        The first was exceedingly good indeed but the 2nd was not as good I thought

Though I am no Tucker fan all us GH Fans have to be thankful for him being one of the very first characters that set the stone/s for years and years later

80sChav

Comment

I often find actors in their "before they were famous" phase appearing in adverts and as extras in other shows. Grange Hill actors were no exception.

If you remember the 1986 series of Grange Hill, you may remember the actor David Straun who appeared as the Maths teacher and Fay Lucas crush Mr King. Here he is in a Woolworths advert from 1983, getting excited about Cadbury's Dairy Milk being only 15p:

And this was the previous item being seen - very ironic considering Mr King's involvement with Fay Lucas in the series:

Attached Files
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was thinking on whether the post above should go in the adverts section or on here, as it features a Grange Hill actor.

It's a pity that Mr King only stayed one series, even though he made a cameo in 1987, but he obviously left because of his storyline.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Tucker,"Gripper" Stebson.
              I used to fancy one of the teachers but cannot remember her name.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                I used to fancy one of the teachers but cannot remember her name.
                I bet that it was either Miss Lexington (Sexy Lexy - Dwayne Orpington's crush from 1981); or Miss Washington from 1985.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  I was thinking on whether the post above should go in the adverts section or on here, as it features a Grange Hill actor.

It's a pity that Mr King only stayed one series, even though he made a cameo in 1987, but he obviously left because of his storyline.
                  Wow he looks young here George ..., no doubts

Thannks for adding the pics

80sChav

Comment

I bet that it was either Miss Lexington (Sexy Lexy - Dwayne Orpington's crush from 1981); or Miss Washington from 1985.
                    Dunno her character 's name but i found her real name was ....darn..i've forgotten it again..but she was in Brush Strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                      Dunno her character 's name but i found her real name was ....darn..i've forgotten it again..but she was in Brush Strokes.
                      Caroline Gruber who played Miss Washington, appeared in an episode of Brush Strokes a year after GH, if that helps.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Caroline Gruber who played Miss Washington, appeared in an episode of Brush Strokes a year after GH, if that helps.

That was here.Yeah, i quite liked her.
                        Thanks

Comment

I was a regular on the Grange Hill forum that was going in around 2012, and so I got to know a lot about the series in the 1980s as well as what I have seen from the weekend repeats in the 1990s.

I remember reading from someone that Caroline Gruber had plans to return in series 9 (1986), but after doing the 1985 series she went off to do touring theatres around the country appearing in a play she was doing, but the GH producers said that they didn't want her back - and they replaced her with David Straun as Mr King. Needless to say, the Fay Lucas storyline obviously wouldn't have worked with Miss Washington of course. Also, there was a few scenes in series 8 between Mr Smart and Miss Washington, making it look as if they were interested in each other, shall we say, but as Mr Smart was leaving the series himself, I suppose Washington would have been left on her own in that respect.

The Mr Kennedy moustache thing that inspired Banksy to shave his off at the start of series 9, could have been used with Mr Smart as he had a moustache as well, and Kennedy more or less replaced Smart as the English teacher.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was a regular on the Grange Hill forum that was going in around 2012, and so I got to know a lot about the series in the 1980s as well as what I have seen from the weekend repeats in the 1990s.

I remember reading from someone that Caroline Gruber had plans to return in series 9 (1986), but after doing the 1985 series she went off to do touring theatres around the country appearing in a play she was doing, but the GH producers said that they didn't want her back - and they replaced her with David Straun as Mr King. Needless to say, the Fay Lucas storyline obviously wouldn't have worked with Miss Washington of course. Also, there was a few scenes in series 8 between Mr Smart and Miss Washington, making it look as if they were interested in each other, shall we say, but as Mr Smart was leaving the series himself, I suppose Washington would have been left on her own in that respect.

The Mr Kennedy moustache thing that inspired Banksy to shave his off at the start of series 9, could have been used with Mr Smart as he had a moustache as well, and Kennedy more or less replaced Smart as the English teacher.
                            Me too George - I was on the Forum - what was your user-name there?

I had not heard that about Caroline to be honest - but whatever way it penned out Robbie and Goncch's form made history of having 4 totaly different Form Tutors in consecutive Years that no other year got close to - starting with Miss washington in 1985, Mr King in 1986 ... the amazing walking wreck of a disaster that was Mr Scott played to an impecable standard by the brilliant actor Aran Bell in 1987 ... then finaly Robson in 1988 thruough to 1989

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              Me too George - I was on the Forum - what was your user-name there?
                              I was "George 33" which was both my name and my age, and I worked my way up to having more posts on the forum (that one that was going in 2012) than any other member - about 15% of the total. In fact, I had more posts than the second and third placed members combined. That was until the forum closed down because of some spamming virus that had wrecked the website. I was not to be confused with another member called "george" - with a small G, who was already on there when I joined.

I felt sorry for Mr Scott and having to put up with Imelda in his class - it's like having a zookeeper with a phobia of animals. Mind you, seeing how Imelda looked in 1987, it's a pity that we never got to see how she would have developed during the next couple of years - take Calley for example...
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was "George 33" which was both my name and my age, and I worked my way up to having more posts on the forum (that one that was going in 2012) than any other member - about 15% of the total. In fact, I had more posts than the second and third placed members combined. That was until the forum closed down because of some spamming virus that had wrecked the website. I was not to be confused with another member called "george" - with a small G, who was already on there when I joined.

I felt sorry for Mr Scott and having to put up with Imelda in his class - it's like having a zookeeper with a phobia of animals. Mind you, seeing how Imelda looked in 1987, it's a pity that we never got to see how she would have developed during the next couple of years - take Calley for example...
                                I don't recall you sorrry. I was Ziggy and Robbie on there then in it's fginal version when it moved out of "in-house" Francvo-Matthew

Yes you are right though George about Imelda and what you say about Mr Scott - though Michael Barton could have give him an immense run for his money!

Comment

Working...
                                X