Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Hopefully on a channel like GOLD (not the radio station of course) rather than the CBBC channel.

Before the Sunday morning BBC 2 repeats in 1993, didn't a satellite station such as Galaxy show the earlier series? I didn't get cable until 2000 so it was before my time.
    BSkyB as it was before it totaly Sky had it on extremley fleetingly in late 1989/early 1990 showing some of the first 10 /12 years - like Series 10 I recall George!!

I can not see that GOLD would have them - purely cos of the BBC and paying music rights though sadly, as it would involvea big expense or massive cutting of episodes I think!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      They did bring out DVDs of the early years (first few) Onthebusesfan!!,, though the later years therte was too many songs in it that the Artists would have to paid copywright for

What era of GH are you into most/like best? Have you any fave characters?

90sChav
      The Early Characters like tucker zammo roland gripper pogo mr bronson and susan were my favourites.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        BSkyB as it was before it totaly Sky had it on extremley fleetingly in late 1989/early 1990 showing some of the first 10 /12 years - like Series 10 I recall George!!

I can not see that GOLD would have them - purely cos of the BBC and paying music rights though sadly, as it would involvea big expense or massive cutting of episodes I think!
        and its a shame that , because i wish they showed the old eastenders episodes from 1985-2009. because they were great years in eastenders. to

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Check out youtube they have tons of full series you can watch ive watched loads of full series on there.
          Thats the closest it will get to being on tv again.

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
          i wish they re-showed this on telly i loved watching this growing up. And i wish they brought it to dvd.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Check out youtube they have tons of full series you can watch ive watched loads of full series on there.
            I watched the first episode on Youtube the other day.

Comment

True Dareen - I agree here with you pal!

Though as I was going to post yesterday in the Grange Hill V Waterloo Rd thread (but something happened and I lost the typing, but I'll post it again), why has'nt somebody had a cross-over idea called Waterloo-Hill or Grange-Road!! After all for I think for charity it was they had an EastStreet (combination of Corrie and EastEnders)!

80sChav

Comment

I remember the mum one of characters in The Beano liked to watch a soap called Dallasty.

The Bash Street Kids once featured a spoof of Neighbours called Kangaroo Street.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There are some missing because BBC Worldwide have forced them off there, and sometimes you can't view a series throughout, and that is a problem when it comes to continuity and storylines.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    There are some missing because BBC Worldwide have forced them off there, and sometimes you can't view a series throughout, and that is a problem when it comes to continuity and storylines.
                    i think I'd prefer to believe it is because of the immense amount of Music that'd demand copywright payments George!!

At least this is what Simon who owned GH Online said and there was never a true-er expert on Grange Hill than Simon - as well as his quite knowledgable experience in matters such as TV and Music polayed in programmes

80sChav

Comment

Though it is slightly past the 1990s and the eara DYR covers - I can not help but wondering what "might" have happened in 2002 if Grange Hill had not moved to Liverpool
                      for S26

I know it gave the programme another 6 years of life , with more lows than highs - but the occasional good Series/storyline did carry on past 2002 - but for me Series 25 of 2002 was part of an era strecthing from the late 90s - 1997/98 where GH was again struggling to find/re-invent itself - but was managing it quite well by - especially with the superb opening iof the 1999 Series - which was immensley harsh to watch (and more so in that Life Imitated Art for poor Laura Sadler 4 years later) in 2003 - but how could GH of continued in the vain it was riding on by 2002 I often wonder if it had stayed in London!!

A lot of fansd rate Series 25 as one of the all time best - up there with some of the 80s stuff - though I know not all are thrilled about it - but a lot of this fell down to Ian Hudson, Ben Miller, Max and Lisa and the Double-Dare Gang finding their feet later on after arriving in 1997 and 1998

I frely admit too by the the time the fire had done it's worst - I had come to love Lisa's Year and appreciate them like Ziggy's Year/era - in-particular the immensly talented guy who played Kieron Franklyn "Ozzie" Osbourne

Though on a final note - which a lot of fans say and in many way's I agree - that final episode of 2002 should have been the programme's end (as much as I am gratefull for the following 6 years) as sketchy and deplorable as in-particular Series 26 and 31 was!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                        The Early Characters like tucker zammo roland gripper pogo mr bronson and susan were my favourites.
                        Me too OTBF - though i like them all up to the 2003 plus (the early to mid Noughties tyoo)

On a sub note - though it is just "over the brder" in to the Noughties (and though it's linked from Ben/Hudson and Lisa etc starting in 97/98 respectivly), does anybody else have any opinions + thoughts on what GH would have become if it had not moved to Liverpool for 2003!!?

Though i hate to think of it ending as it did in 2002 (with no defiinite confirmation of who perished) I do like a suspense as so (where your own imagination can decide), but too given there was no confirmation - I also guess I'd call the end of S25 a good stalemate given the above!!

80schav

Comment

Had a mad crush on Cathy Hargreaves.

Booga Benson ( from tucker's era)was a badder bully than Gripper Stebson.

Comment

Originally posted by duffer View Post
                            Had a mad crush on Cathy Hargreaves.

Booga Benson ( from tucker's era)was a badder bully than Gripper Stebson.
                            I think my biggest firstr GH crush was Miss Lexingtn!!

Who in the 80s (or 90s when it was repeated for the 3rd times) not adore Miss Lexington .... couipled with the facts A) she taught and Computers - which was not like English/maths, but more of a "easy" subject, which is 2 reasons in one and then B (or a 3rd) she just was'nt like any other Teacher GH ever had

She was more loike a mate to the kids - allmost being like a Female McGuffy or Knowles (who was very under-rated as a character) I think - though that is for another day/thread/post/chapter in this thread I think though

80sChav

Comment

I've been watching them from the beginning on Youtube. Just got to Annette having a fling with Stewpot. I don't remember that storyline, though I have remembered others. The new kids coming in (series 8) were pretty much my contemporaries. Gonch, Hollo, Cally, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                                I've been watching them from the beginning on Youtube. Just got to Annette having a fling with Stewpot. I don't remember that storyline, though I have remembered others. The new kids coming in (series 8) were pretty much my contemporaries. Gonch, Hollo, Cally, etc.
                                I liked Zammo. And there was a lad who sold snacks to the other kids. I've seen a few episodes on YouTube too, it was much better early on in the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X