• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Noakes

sadly passed away aged 83.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-aged-83.html

Re: John Noakes

That is very sad news. He, together with Peter Purves and Valerie Singleton, was part of probably the best loved and most iconic Blue Peter team. Also, I used to love Go with Noakes. RIP John

Comment

I just loved the guy. He was up for everything
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

For people of a certain age who remember when impressionists like Mike Yarwood were big TV stars, their impressions of John Noakes would invariably include the phrase, "Get down, Shep!" and I remember him doing an interview and how upset he became when talking about Shep's death, which had happened not long before.

Comment

R.I.P. John Noakes. Another goodbye to one of my childhood heroes. Never in a million years could I do half the things you done on Blue Peter. Nelson's column comes to mind. I hope your reward is to be re-united with Shep.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Great man and Blue Peter was a show I grew up with,reunited with Shep

Comment

I remember the Nelson's column report he did, plus doing the parachute jump with the RAF display team. For a while he held the record for height of jump for a civilian.

Comment

Legend
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

There goes another bit of my childhood.

RIP John.

Comment

Very sad news, I was too young to see John on BP, but clips from his time on the show were always good to watch.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

A TRUE LEGEND WAS JOHN.
                      R I P.

HIS FINAL CHALLENGE
                      FOR THOSE WHO GREW UP WITH HIM THEY ARE VERY LUCKY.

https://youtu.be/ZIfpWfNNcgg

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This is very sad news indeed. My best memories of Blue Peter all revolved around John ,Valerie, and peter. Remember the girl guide camp fire, a naughty elephant, the skydive. To name just a few. I remember an interview he did when he was asked about health and safety and being insured by the BBC, when john simply replied "what's insurance?" .And his Blue Peter makes never went to plan.
                        The bond he grew with his younger viewers was truly incredible, and I have a feeling he will be one of the few greats to be truly missed by all who watched his adventures on TV and many more he inspired to do greater things. Truly one of the TV greats of our time, and one I will miss dearly.

Comment

I too am gutted with the death of John Noakes. One of my fav Blue Peter presenters. Still remember Ann Robinson making him cry during an episode of The Weakest Link in 2008 by asking about Shep's whereabouts even though the dog had died in 1987. I don't think she did it on purpose to upset the man though.

Comment

Working...
                          X