As It Happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As It Happens

Just wondering if anyone remembers this...

It was called As It Happens and was on daytime ITV or Channel 4 in the early '90s during the summer holidays. Think they were the same summer holidays that Out Of This World was on. I only remember it lasting about a week. What I recall is that it was broadcast live in the morning time (maybe from 10 to 12 or something), and was Mr. Bennett from Take Hart just walking around the streets seeing what was going on and interviewing or interacting with whoever he came across... talking to the camera in a "Let's take a look around here and see what these guys are doing" kind of way. One episode in particular that I remember was him checking out fire brigade training (or possibly police riot training). I've searched loads for this on the net but have come up with nothing.

Cheers,
    mv

Re: As It Happens

If it is the one you are talking about, it ran between 1990 and 1992 and presenters included Richard Denton, Andy Kershaw, Paddy Haycocks and Michael Groth.

Comment

I recall As It Happens fairly well - this era was still part of "The Golden Age" of Day-time TV for me before every DIY/move to the Countryside/move to a Sunny Climate got on TV in that era.

Though my re-collection of it is poor really as I only caught snippets AIH was pure total Gold-dust in TV terms I think from the little I can recall of it

80sChav

Comment

i don't remember as it happens, but i remember out of this world. loved that show

Comment

Working...
        X