• Show
Clear All

• Peter Sallis

sadly passed away aged 96.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40165443

Re: Peter Sallis

Wasn't Peter Inspector Clueso?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Very sad news about Peter's passing. Just looking over his resume...he had a long and varied career. I think he was the last of the original cast of Last of the Summer Wine. RIP Peter Sallis.

Comment

Just noticed that Jane Freeman, who played cafe owner Ivy in Last of the Summer Wine, passed away a couple of months ago. RIP Jane Freeman.

Comment

How sad news this about Peter's passing

It would be totally fair to say that Peter was the last of all the "old School main" characters of Last Of The Summer Wine left from, when it ended 7 years since

What a brilliant actor Peter was of the highest standing indeed

Rip Peter Sallis

Comment

Very sad news, he played the teenage Clegg's father in the little remembered prequel The First Of The Summer Wine.

Wallace was another iconic part for him.

Peter also appeared in the 1967 Dr Who story The Ice Warriors, & nearly had another appearance in the 1980s, but a strike caused a delay in production & he couldn't make the rescheduled filming dates.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Very sad to hear.
              R i p peter.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes RIP Pete

Comment

He was also in dr who the ice warriors from patrick troughton's era.

Comment

I feel bad I could never quite get that interested in Last Of The Summer Wine. I know the actress that had been Hilda Ogden on Corrie was also in it. I guess I preferred Dad's Army for stories about old guys, or One Foot In The Grave. But of course I remember the voice of Wallace... he made his mark!
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Peter Sallis, Summer Wine has truly gone. R.I.P.
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I liked l o t s w with the original cast who played compo clegg and foggy think foggy was the tall thin fella.
                        But the fella who played him when he left i didnt t
                        hink it that good and then lots of new fellas came in who i felt werent that funny.

Nice he found fame with something other than l o t s w.

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                        i feel bad i could never quite get that interested in last of the summer wine. I know the actress that had been hilda ogden on corrie was also in it. I guess i preferred dad's army for stories about old guys, or one foot in the grave. But of course i remember the voice of wallace... He made his mark!

Comment

was very sad news, wonder what will now happen to wallace and gromit.

Comment

Perhaps Gromit will go looking for Wallace not knowing he is dead
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I did read they already had a stand in for Wallace's voice for when Peter Sallis was ill, maybe he'll be offered it full time?
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X