Sarah Sugden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Sugden

The Emmerdale character Sarah Sugden was originally played by Madeline Howard and later by Alison Spyro

It's as if we wouldn't notice that Sarah Sugden in the following episode was being played by another actress Alison Spyro
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sarah Sugden

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    The Emmerdale character Sarah Sugden was originally played by Madeline Howard and later by Alison Spyro

It's as if we wouldn't notice that Sarah Sugden in the following episode was being played by another actress Alison Spyro
    They looked nothing like each other

Comment

Normally recasting for adult characters tend to be done with a gap, rather than suddenly.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

They could at least have done what they did for Scott Robinson when Jason Donovan took over and had him with his whole head in bandages first.

Comment

Neighbours were keen on "head transplants" (as my brother calls bad recasting), though at least characters went away normally, Lucy Robinson had 2, though the first 2 actresses to play her did look similar at least.

The 2 who played Cody Willis weren't.

Comment

Not to mention Dr. Who...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Emmerdale had a different Jack Sugden when it started, he went away for awhile and came back a different actor. Then his girlfriend/wife did the same thing. Maybe it was really a sci-fi show!

It seems accepted in soaps, I've seen it happen in a few, mostly with kids growing up to be often very different looking and acting people... (Rosie in Coronation Street). It happened a few times on the U.S. Dark Shadows in the late '60s.
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                Emmerdale had a different Jack Sugden when it started, he went away for awhile and came back a different actor. Then his girlfriend/wife did the same thing. Maybe it was really a sci-fi show!

It seems accepted in soaps, I've seen it happen in a few, mostly with kids growing up to be often very different looking and acting people... (Rosie in Coronation Street). It happened a few times on the U.S. Dark Shadows in the late '60s.
                Jack's brother Joe was played by Frazer Hines, who was Jamie in Dr Who in the 1960s, & married Kate played by Sally Knyvette who had been Jenna in Blake's 7!

Neighbours seemed to be fond of "head transplanting" as my brother calls it. Lucy had 3 different performers, & the 2 Codys couldn't have been more different.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  They looked nothing like each other
                  My sentiments exactly - what would it have taken for the producers to find a lookie likie?
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                  X