Lamb Chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb Chop

Being the 60's this is outside of DYR's remit but worth it in nostalgia terms. Lamb Chop's TV show of the same name played along with Shari Lewis which should be screened again for pure nostalgia reasons on either CITV or CBBC children's channels
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Twocky61; 10-06-2017, 12:09. Reason: Additional Text
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Lamb Chop

never saw this show.

Comment

You'd love it Big Kid
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember the 90s version with that song they used to sing at the end.

Comment

I remember The Shari Lewis Show and her best remembered puppet, Lamb Chop. The series was shown into the 70s and I have a recollection that it was in the saturday tea-time slot. We had a B+W set at the time so I am not sure if it was in B+W or colour. I was surprised to see that Shari Lewis provided the voice for the Princess in the Arabian Knights cartoon part of The Banana Splits Show.

Comment

Lamb Chop was show into the 1970s. I remember it being on, but have very little recollections of any of these shows. I mostly remember Shari Lewis's voice. I don't know how well this programme would go down with children know. Shari Lewis died on 2nd of August 1998, aged 65.
            Last edited by marc; 10-06-2017, 19:51.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

The programme didnt do anything for me

Comment

I can't remember an awful amount about it, so it probably didn't make much of an impression on me. I am not sure if it was a US show that was shown over here or if she made some specifically for the UK.

Comment

A lot of things in the 60's ran into the 70's or affected us 70's kids. So perhaps it is relevant.

Somehow I do have some memories of Lamb Chop, but I don't really know if they are memories as a child or from something I saw on TV since then. The voice of Lamb chop is particularly memorable so are the movements of the face of the puppet but unfortunately it puts the shivers up my back........not in a good way.

Just had a quick word with dad and he seems to think I watched it as a kid. But not sure if it was a show of it's own or as part of something else.

Perhaps I was a fan of Larry the lamb instead?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was The Shari Lewis Show I saw in the early 70s. With all due respect to Shari, she did seem quite stiff as a ventriloquist, and you could often see her lips moving, but she had a long career and her act was aimed firmly at children.

Comment

I remember liking it but that's it (similarly Topo Gigio)...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                      X