RIP Adam West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Adam West

Just found out that the star of the 60s TV series Batman has died at 88.
    He also guest starred as himself in the Mr Plow episode of The Simpsons and the voice of the mayor of Quahog in Family Guy.

Re: RIP Adam West

R.I.P. Adam West. Fondly remembered has Batman, the true Batman.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

RIP Adam

Comment

this death came as a shock when i heard about it last night.

r.i.p adam.

Comment

Very sad news. By far my favourite Batman. The 60s show was fun and didn't take itself too seriously, unlike the angst-ridden "dark knight" of today. Perhaps more true to the comic, but, for me, I so much prefer the 60s interpretation, and Adam was superb in his role. RIP Adam West.

Comment

Really sad. This was the Batman I remember from early childhood and just loved the outrageous visuals and brilliant dialogue:

"Robin: Where'd you get a live fish, Batman?" Batman: The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin."

Far more entertaining than the grumpy, angst-ridden Batman of recent years.

Comment

Yeah he was the Batman I grew up watching, I had a Mego version of him and a couple of his Batmobiles.

I even bought my (nearly 2 year old) son a Hot Wheels of his version of the Batmobile to play with the other month. I also very nearly bought the Blu Ray set of the original series to watch with him when he was a bit older, no doubt the price of that will sky rocket now.

/to the batmobile, he's gone.

Comment

I SAW IT IN THE EIGHTIES BUT I DID LOVE IT HAVENT SAW THE RECENT BATMAN OF RECENT YRS THANKFULLY.
                R I P ADAM.

https://youtu.be/kK4H-LkrQjQ

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                Really sad. This was the Batman I remember from early childhood and just loved the outrageous visuals and brilliant dialogue:

"Robin: Where'd you get a live fish, Batman?" Batman: The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin."

Far more entertaining than the grumpy, angst-ridden Batman of recent years.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

He was also in one of my favourite films

Attached Files
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                  X