Approved Schools/Borstals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved Schools/Borstals

When I was a lad aged 17 in 1978 I was resident at an adolescent unit Cleeve House in Gloucester. It was run by the then Gloucestershire Health Authority which like many hospitals nowadays has become a hospital trust. Cleeve House was to all intents & purposes an approved school

Anyway at Cleeve House, as stated in another thread, I ran away on a fortnightly basis and returned to Cleeve House by the police. Then I was in pyjama's for a week only to run away again when I had my clothes back

If anyone here was a resident at Cleeve House in the late 70's I'm Nick Attwell then living in Cinderford. I wont mention names of fellow residents as I am sure they have moved on in their lives & wouldn't want to be reminded of their days as resident of Cleeve House

Before Cleeve House I was resident at Kingswood Assessment in Bristol where I was sent to Cleeve House from

After Cleeve House I was I was resident at Blantyre House Detention Centre in Kent and then on to Rochester & Portland & Feltham Borstals before I went into the prison system (Borstal's are now Young Offender Institutions (YOI's)

Before all this I was resident age eleven at a children's unit run by the then Lancashire Area Health Authority

Anyway Approved Schools: Being approved you would think they are the better schools like Grammar Schools
    Last edited by Twocky61; 13-06-2017, 10:34. Reason: Spelling Corrections
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Approved Schools/Borstals

I'm in contact with a person who attended Kesgrave Hall School, near Ipswich, during the early 1990s. The school closed down over 20 years ago but it is currently involved in a child abuse and child sex offences investigation by the police. The person tells me that it was a nasty and aggressive place full of bullying and victimisation by the staff. A totally unsuitable place for a person like him although the academic standards were quite high. He holds a grievance towards one of the head teachers Michael Geoffrey Smith (who moved to Louth in Lincolnshire in 1992) because he is traumatised by him.

Comment

Re: Approved Schools/Borstals

One thing as punishment in children's homes Arran was the use of 'Pin Down' (mostly in Staffordshire) where a resident was locked in a cell like room bare of any furniture and bed for hours on end
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
      X