Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your first lesson at Secondary School Mond Morn?

Default What was your first lesson at Secondary School Mond Morn?

I was inspired to create this thread upon seeing the Friday Afternoon one

More-ever I can not believe I did not connect the two before the Friday one was made as as having Art in some year or another on a Friday - we also had this Mond in the 1st Year and I remember we visited a country Park in the First Year (that covered Frioday and Monday's) first lesson of Art thati thought was brilliant as an idea where we had like a "final test" by collaging found leaves on the Mond (which also sort of borderd onto Enviromental Studies ... which was a zillion times better than any Science I felt then)

The abidiong memory of that "sort of weekend" minus the actual weekend though - was (though School would have informed us of course) what if the say/said this was a weekend at the said Country park Lol How strange now on reflection this is I find on mulling things over!

80sChav

Default Re: What was your first lesson at Secondary School Mond Morn?

Monday mornings seem to have been obliterated from memory for some unknown reason. Mondays were probably pretty forgetful lesson wise. Expect it was French, maths or something equally mind numbing. All I can ever really remember about a Monday was the dreaded feeling of having to go back into school .

big kid Guest

double games. i hated it as i was never any good at sports.

Unless you count morning assembly it was RE

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I can remember one year it was French every other week with one of the worst teachers I ever had.
    The Trickster On The Roof

big kid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I can remember one year it was French every other week with one of the worst teachers I ever had.
    we had a french teacher like that. he was a dead ringer for herr flick out of allo allo.

Quote Originally Posted by big kid View Post
    we had a french teacher like that. he was a dead ringer for herr flick out of allo allo.
    My teacher looked a bit like Mary Whitehouse, & with the same amount of attitude!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Pretty certain it was english with my form teacher in the first year of secondary school.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    I was inspired to create this thread upon seeing the Friday Afternoon one

More-ever I can not believe I did not connect the two before the Friday one was made as as having Art in some year or another on a Friday - we also had this Mond in the 1st Year and I remember we visited a country Park in the First Year (that covered Frioday and Monday's) first lesson of Art thati thought was brilliant as an idea where we had like a "final test" by collaging found leaves on the Mond (which also sort of borderd onto Enviromental Studies ... which was a zillion times better than any Science I felt then)

The abidiong memory of that "sort of weekend" minus the actual weekend though - was (though School would have informed us of course) what if the say/said this was a weekend at the said Country park Lol How strange now on reflection this is I find on mulling things over!

80sChav
    Well, well tis nice to be an inspiration to somebody

Suppose I'd better put my tuppence in. As on the original thread, where someone had pointed out that lesson timings it may have varied from year to year, I only tended to remember the one year, being THE WORST.

Likewise here the only lesson I can recall having on a Monday morning was P.E. And what a horror that was. Varied from the hated cross-country run to the skinned sheep dip (swimming).

Horrible, horrible, horrible

Quote Originally Posted by big kid View Post
    double games. i hated it as i was never any good at sports.
    I had a deep hatred of P.E. It was on a Monday morning, one hour and ten minutes of it. It was always football. I used to forget to take my kit, intentionally. I did end up in a lot of trouble over this. In the end, I didn't care. What we were told before we went to comprehensive, and what actually happened, were two different things. Strangely, my mother didn't say much when I didn't bother taking my kit. When I grew out of it, it was never replaced. It was only after I left school, did she tell me even she thought it was a waste of time. There were plenty of other sports that could have been played. I think it was a case of football is the most popular, that's what's being played.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?