Big Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Breakfast

Big Breakfast was Channel 4's answer to TV-AM on ITV and Good Morning(?) on BBC 1

The anchors were Mark Little (Joe Mangle in Neighbours) & Gaby Roslin until she left to be replaced by Zoe Ball

Bob Carolgee's also starred with his sidekicks Spit the Dog & Cough the Cat
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Big Breakfast

It was where Chris Evans made his name, & was perfectly suited to it's quirky image compared to the other Breakfast shows.

Zig & Zag were another highlight of the show.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

IIRC it started with Chris Evans, Gaby Roslin, and Paula Yates. I seem to think Emma Freud was involved somewhere too.

Comment

Keith Chegwin also appeared early on, sometimes doing some Swap Shop style outside broadcasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          It was where Chris Evans made his name, & was perfectly suited to it's quirky image compared to the other Breakfast shows.

I liked Zig and Zag they were funny also Lily Savage

Comment

Of course; I forgot about those aliens Zig & Zag
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember some competition where someone did actually win the big breakfast house

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                I remember some competition where someone did actually win the big breakfast house
                It's next to the Olympic park, but I heard it had a fire a few years ago.

Comment

Yes, this was a cool alternative to the very staid fare from the Beeb and ITV...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

It's next to the Olympic park, but I heard it had a fire a few years ago.
                    oh dear

Comment

The crew were heavily involved in front of camera: I remember Carpet Monster, Rough Bird and - my personal favourite! - Sturdy Girl

Comment

Not forgetting Johnny Vaughn and Denise Van Outen, I didn't mind them.

Comment

Oh yes, their finest hour(s)!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                            Yes, this was a cool alternative to the very staid fare from the Beeb and ITV...
                            I remember GMTV struggling top get an audience after the took over the ITV breakfast TV franchise because the recently started Big Breakfast was popular.

Comment

What memories this prog brings back and how crazily daft and O.T.T but funny it was too

It really was revoltionaly at time for Morning Breakfasat Prrogs I think, but rather whacky too

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                              X