Bus Shelters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Shelters

Who used to spend an evening with your gf/bf sat in a bus shelter sharing a bag of chips? Dead romantic was that lol

Once Jackie (mentioned elsewhere on DYR) & I were sat in a bus shelter one balmy evening snogging & other more intimate stuff when a woman walking past told us the last bus had already gone

We thanked her & off she went on her merry way

lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Bus Shelters

I've done that my fair share of times. On Winter evenings it would be perishing inside, but cuddling and chips would soon warm things up. Our old bus shelters were concrete, glassless due to windows being broken, and had nowhere to sit. When they were replaced with ones with tip-down seats and very strong plastic windows, we were well chuffed.

Comment

A typical bus shelter/bike shed
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Nowadays bus shelters have an arm between seats to stop tramps sleeping on then spoilsports the councils are lol
        sigpic

Comment

The old ones were very unwelcoming to a young lad and his gf. The wind through those missing window panes was bitter in Winter, but marginally better than walking the streets on nights when it was pouring down.

I remember one of my gfs lived straight opposite to a shelter. When it was time for me to go home, we would share a bag of crisps together in the shelter, or a bag of chips from the nearby chippy if I had the cash. The bus had to come down a hill and turn onto her road, so when the bus came down the hill, she would pop across the road after a final kiss and watch me get on the bus before going into her house.

Comment

Used to like the big Bus Depot at Southend as it was under cover and warm, always good waiting for a (number 1) bus there after a long day shopping.

Comment

Sleeping rough bus depot's were ideal with the buses parked up. You could sleep in a bus as they were never locked not that you could lock them anyway
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                Sleeping rough bus depot's were ideal with the buses parked up. You could sleep in a bus as they were never locked not that you could lock them anyway
                I almost have visions of the bus driver saying to the queue of passengers waiting to get on the bus: "oh no, the bus is locked - I'll have to go and get the keys".
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X