The Omega Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Omega Man

I saw this film when it came out (I was probably 8 or 9) and it has always been one of my favourites. I watched it again last night and - despite its flaws, which are legion (pun intended!) - I really enjoyed it again.

OK, there are plot-holes aplenty (Why did some people get the infection immediately and die whereas some others turned into the "Family"? Why did Anthony Zerbe's character start banging on about machines while seemingly not yet affected yet the rest of the "Family" blindly follow his mantra after infection?) but the general idea, although now cliched beyond belief!, of the last man on earth being the saviour of mankind, is compelling.

I had forgotten the "Christ" pose at the end, as subtle as a flying vampire!, but even that was not enough to put me off!

Attached Files
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Re: The Omega Man

It isn't anywhere near Heston's best film, yet it is one of my favourites, and Heston owns it from beginning to end. I think I first saw it when BBC1 screened it in their Monday 9.25pm film slot in the late 70s/early 80s. I am always amused when Heston's character crashes his car at the start of the film and just takes one from a showroom. Can't remember if he fiddles with the battery, but he puts petrol in the tank and it starts straight away, despite having been sitting there for supposedly 5 years.

Comment

good film. not seen it for ages. going to have to find it and give it another watch.

Comment

There's also the scene where Heston goes to the cinema and watches Woodstock, and it is implied that he has done this many times as he is able to speak the same words from the film as he watches it.

Comment

Good film

Comment

Working...
          X