Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobacco Lack of Advertising

How thick are the politicians in the UK?​

They have banned tobacco advertising even though they receive VAT from tobacco sales. They say they are considering banning tobacco = Yeah right you retards. They will NEVER ban tobacco & the phlebs know it

Just think the loss of tax revenue on tobacco sales? The crooked politicians would have less expenses to steal from the tax payer
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Tobacco Lack of Advertising

If smoking is banned completely then it will go underground, which means no tax receipt for the Chancellor.
    I call that an own goal.

Comment

I was watching an old film this morning where the main character casually takes a cigarette from his packet and lights up whilst admiring his nice cool pint. It's this cool and hip often tough man image on screen and TV that encouraged many young ones into smoking like myself. I don't think TV advertising had much impact apart from making me occasionally try another brand. Besides these days many of the old tobacco posters we used to see on bill boards everywhere can be seen as good examples of commercial art.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        many of the old tobacco posters we used to see on bill boards everywhere can be seen as good examples of commercial art.

My sentiments exactly Batty Rat

F! motor racing was a good advertising platform for cigarette brands with their brand incorporated in the paint work

Also private cars & vans - they would give your car a paint job advertising their brand and pay you so much per mile
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          How thick are the politicians in the UK?​

They have banned tobacco advertising even though they receive VAT from tobacco sales. They say they are considering banning tobacco = Yeah right you retards. They will NEVER ban tobacco & the phlebs know it

Just think the loss of tax revenue on tobacco sales? The crooked politicians would have less expenses to steal from the tax payer
          But think what they are saving on treating the effects of smoking!
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Good point Richard
            sigpic

Comment

There were some great ads on TV and in the cinema...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

There was a very good one for Lambert and Butler I saw a few times in the cinema, plus the infamous "You're never alone with a Strand" one from the 60s.

Comment

I still remember seeing the now classic ad for B&H below, at my localOdeon as a kid. And I'm a non-smoker!

Comment

Working...
                  X