Jim 'll fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim 'll fix it

did anyone ever write in with a wish for jim to fix for you.

i did , wanted to go for a ride as a rally drivers co driver.

never fixed it for me the git!!!
    now then now then....hows about that then...uh uh

Re: Jim 'll fix it

Never fixed by request of playing football with Crystal Palace either

Comment

I was sad enough to write in,I'd be about 8 I think.I wanted to go on an plane ride,and be able to sit in with the pilot,imagine my horror,when he did the exact fix it for a boy,some months later.The letter was even worded the same.grrrr
      Heather

Comment

I wanted to meet a Doctor, as in the man in the TARDIS, but never got too.......

Comment

I wanted to meet the "Six Million Dollar Man", same as above, never did.

Comment

Bet he got actors to live out all our dreams for us!!! lol
            Last edited by Heather74; 20-02-2007, 19:15.
            Heather

Comment

I Know now why they could never fulfil mine, I wanted to drive a truck through a plate glass window - I was heavily into the A Team at the time!!!!
              "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I wanted to dance with the Royal Ballet......Jim didn't fix it but I did get to dance for Dame Nanette DeValois in audition.
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~
                Count your friends amongst the stars....
                And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

So they're finally bringing back Jim'll Fix it on UKGold Sunday, they are remaking the cub scouts on the Revolution at Blackpool, and are meant to be doing some new fix its too,
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

thatll be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                      did anyone ever write in with a wish for jim to fix for you.
                      Nope, but a good friend of mine once spotted him a 100 metres ahead of him in some charity race (many moons ago), so he sped up to get in the old "Jim, Can you fix it..." line, to which Jimmy angrily replied "p!ss off!"

I've never tired of that tale, great stuff!...
                      "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

Jim'll Fix it - A retro telly classic!

Late 1970's I sent off my letter, something along the lines of:

"Dear Jim, Please could you fix it for me to meet Spiderman. Love Ridgeaxe Junior aged 10 and three quarters"

Sadly Jim never received my letter or perhaps Spiderman was busy doing his spidey stuff, so I never got to go on the show, but for the lucky few their dreams came true thanks to Jim.

Some kids had a wise head on young shoulders, their requests were clearly made so as to get the 'free gift' at the end!

I remember one girl who said that she didn't have a bloodhound dog but would love to take one for a walk! Shock horror at the end, Jim gave her a bloodhound puppy! Genius!

The boy who said he didn't have a batch of nuclear weapons so could he see a couple, never got picked!

Relive this classic tv show via my upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lV6MZvSjrg

Enjoy!
                        Last edited by Heather74; 19-02-2008, 13:24. Reason: merged

Comment

Re: Jim'll Fix it - A retro telly classic!

Me and my mate wrote off , we wanted to be dressed as Superman and Batman , be in a plane doing a parabolic loop so we were 'weightless' for a few seconds and at that point have a custard pie fight.

Never got a reply so am stilll hopeful when the post comes

Comment

Originally posted by andria View Post
                            So they're finally bringing back Jim'll Fix it on UKGold Sunday, they are remaking the cub scouts on the Revolution at Blackpool, and are meant to be doing some new fix its too,
                            I was there when they were taping the original one of the stunt. Made a hell of a mess of the Rev's trains. They even had to clean parts of the track off afterwards.
                            Last edited by sixtyten; 19-02-2008, 14:45.
                            Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                            sigpic

Comment

Watched that on YT only the other day. There's a few good Jim'll Fix It clips there.
                              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Working...
                              X