Last Day at Schooll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Day at Schooll

What did you do on the last day of school?

In the afternoon before end of day our head teacher Mr Ferguson invited all us school leavers into his office. Not for the usual caning for being naughty (the good old days lol) but for a glass of sherry & a shake of hands and thanking him & his colleagues for teaching us over the years.

He also gave us a piece of paper (our P45 & National Insurance number which you keep for life.) Mine is WM 04 56 51 B)

That afternoon lessons cancelled we and our teachers had fun together which was a nice thing to do on our last day (we going into the world of work and our teachers getting rid of us all lol)

This was pre VHS with the only video recorders being spool to spool studio equipment. Strangely our school had one. No pre recorded bought video's just programmes recorded from the school programmes schedule

Some bright spark owned a cine' camera and he filmed us all. Mr Howell our history & citizen studies teacher danced embarrassingly to a punk song and Mrs Phelps our Home Economics teacher (who actually went on to marry Mr Howell) made us all cakes I am purposely only using Mr/Mrs/Miss and surnames as I feel using first names will embarrass the probably now retired or dead teachers. The only teacher who was not there on our last day was Miss Johnson who I have posted elsewhere on DYR had an affair with. She went on to be a teacher at a fee paying school leaving me heartbroken. Mr Parrish our maths teacher invited us all to his classroom as he did at breaks anyway to watch his tv and we all shook hands farewell & thanks for everything over the last five years. During our time at school Mr Parrish even invited us to his cottage. Nowadays all sorts of accusations would be thrown at him but he was a nice guy and back then there was not so much about paedophilia in the public domain as you can see from all this historical sex abuse raising it's ugly head

Anyway back to our last day: Mrs Coombes (her husband Eddie built the houses on our Coombe Drive we lived on) showed us a 'bit' She was unusually at school wearing a blouse showing quite a bit of cleavage knowing full well a lot of us pupils fancied & had crush's on her. She didn't go as far as a napkin style mini skirt but give her ten points for effort thinking what would excite us kids

Mr (Noddy) Holmes our RE teacher joined in too - He was a bit stuffy but he did agree to go into the stocks & have wet sponge's thrown at him, We were surprised pleasantly and appreciated 'Noddy' taking part & we saw a new side to him

There is much more to tell which I may type later
    Last edited by Twocky61; 09-07-2017, 16:41.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Last Day at Schooll

I would not recommend posting your NI on here (or anywhere else)...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

ok thanks Zabadak
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

i just walked out the gates and was glad to be away from the place and the people who were there.

Comment

Working...
        X