Thread: Freddie Laker

Default Freddie Laker

Before Easy Jet there was the cheapo airline run by Freddie Laker. Easy Jet followed in the shoes of Laker being a cheapo fare airline for us cattle class are not bothered about in flight catering. We just want to get to where we are going usually the Costa's to sunbathe but also mainly to get totally bladdered on all the cheap booze on offer

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Freddie Laker

Sing along, now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jean-jacques-burnel-freddie-laker-concorde-and-eurobus-1979-3-s.jpg   jean-jacques-burnel-freddie-laker-concorde-and-eurobus-1979-4-s.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I remember the TV commercials for Skytrain quite well. The guy was a real pioneer. Does anyone have any memories of actually flying with Laker Airways? I am curious what it was like compared with the competitio.

I remember the model kit of the Laker Skytrain L-1011