Trade Test Transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Test Transmissions

When BBC2 first came onto the air (1964 I believe) they had test transmissions leading up to the opening of BBC2

One of the test transmissions was a movie starring Michelle Dotrice of Some Mothers Do Have Them fame as Betty alongside Frank Spencer played by Michael Crawford

Michele's character with a friend cycled across France

Does anyone remember this movie? Was it just a test movie or was it then & now commercially available?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Trade Test Transmissions

I don't know about the test transmission movie for BBC2, but what struck me was the description of Michele and friend cycling through France and how uncannily similar it is to the 1970 psychological thriller 'And soon the Darkness' in which Michele Dotrice and friend (Pamela Franklin) cycle through rural France on holiday and encounter a murderer.

Comment

Yep, that's the one. Quite spooky!

Attached Files
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

That's it thanks Staffslad
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
          I don't know about the test transmission movie for BBC2, but what struck me was the description of Michele and friend cycling through France and how uncannily similar it is to the 1970 psychological thriller 'And soon the Darkness' in which Michele Dotrice and friend (Pamela Franklin) cycle through rural France on holiday and encounter a murderer.
          I have seen this film twice,it started off nicely two girls cycling through France on a warm summers day

Comment

Working...
          X