Roddy McDowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roddy McDowell

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
    This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Ozfordshire.

Why is this post being duplicated. Please remove.

Comment

He was superb in a film called Lord Love A Duck

Attached Files
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

He definitely has a very unique and distinctive voice

Comment

I got the 1960s Batman box set for Christmas & Roddy played the Bookworm in some episodes.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I surfed into this forum from somewhere else and had to register when I saw a topic about Roddy, who is one of my two favourite actors!

He was the first actor who I noticed could act, and that was back when he was in the TV series of Planet of the Apes. Despite the fact that he was wearing a mask, he somehow managed to portray a ton of emotions just by tilting his head. I think the next thing I saw him in was the TV series Tales of the Gold Monkey and he frequently stole the scene even as a secondary character. Again, he could show so much emotion with a tilt of the head and/or a nod.

As others have said above, he was also awesome in The Legend of Hell House. All in all, an amazing and much under-appreciated actor.

Comment

Just watched Dirty Mary Crazy Larry again

Roddy McDowell was not credited but the bridge operator was

You only saw a few seconds of him; so why credit him & not Roddy?
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
              X