Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roddy McDowell

Roddy McDowell is well known for playing Gayland in the Planet of the Apes

He was also the supermarket manager in the 1974 movie Dirty Mary Crazy Larry but he was uncredited for his role in the movie
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Roddy McDowell

That would be "Galen"

He was a child actor who became very successful in adulthood
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

He was always very watchable. He was great as Peter Vincent in the Fright Night films and as the tortured medium in The Legend of Hell House.

Comment

Tell you one thing he has starred in so many films over the decades didnt realise till i looked him up just how many films etc he had been in.

Appeared in murder she wrote as well.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Not forgetting he was he uncreditted voice of V.I.N.CENT in Disney's The Black Hole.

Comment

Gayland I choked on my drink when I saw that

Comment

Originally posted by Chris68 View Post
              Gayland I choked on my drink when I saw that
              I think I went there on my holidays once...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I too enjoyed Roddy's work in Legend Of Hell House. He made several other things around that time when he returned to his birthplace. Was also in the Killing Bottle segment of Journey To the Unknown.

Comment

Roddy has a lovely voice; especially as Galen
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

He was the villain in a Columbo episode called "Short Fuse". Very good.

Comment

Mount Teide in Tenerife was the filming location for Planet of the Apes
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw his performance in the pilot episode called The Cemetery. This is from the series called Night Gallery, hosted by Rod Stirling. It was fantastic acting.
                        Also, saw him recently in an episode from Alfred Hitchcock's Hour. Cannot recall the name of the episode, but Roddy McDowell steals a large amout of money aided by his girlfriend and hide the cash. He appears to slap his girlfriend quite willingly in the film!

Comment

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

Comment

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

This was the English pile at which it was filmed. Blenheim Palace in Oxforshire.

Comment

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
                              This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
                              Last edited by Donald the Great; 01-01-2018, 22:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X