Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roddy McDowell

Default Re: Roddy McDowell

Mount Teide in Tenerife was the filming location for Planet of the Apes

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I saw his performance in the pilot episode called The Cemetery. This is from the series called Night Gallery, hosted by Rod Stirling. It was fantastic acting.
    Also, saw him recently in an episode from Alfred Hitchcock's Hour. Cannot recall the name of the episode, but Roddy McDowell steals a large amout of money aided by his girlfriend and hide the cash. He appears to slap his girlfriend quite willingly in the film!

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

This was the English pile at which it was filmed. Blenheim Palace in Oxforshire.

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
    This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 01-01-2018 at 22:40.

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
    This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Ozfordshire.

Why is this post being duplicated. Please remove.

He was superb in a film called Lord Love A Duck

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MV5BMjIxMTA4NTU1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUzNzA2NA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

He definitely has a very unique and distinctive voice

I got the 1960s Batman box set for Christmas & Roddy played the Bookworm in some episodes.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I surfed into this forum from somewhere else and had to register when I saw a topic about Roddy, who is one of my two favourite actors!

He was the first actor who I noticed could act, and that was back when he was in the TV series of Planet of the Apes. Despite the fact that he was wearing a mask, he somehow managed to portray a ton of emotions just by tilting his head. I think the next thing I saw him in was the TV series Tales of the Gold Monkey and he frequently stole the scene even as a secondary character. Again, he could show so much emotion with a tilt of the head and/or a nod.

As others have said above, he was also awesome in The Legend of Hell House. All in all, an amazing and much under-appreciated actor.