Pink Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd's most recent popular song was Another Brick in the Wall but before that their most well known song was The Dark Side of the Moon
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Pink Floyd

Dark Side of the Moon was an album not a song...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Brick in the wall was the tune that was in the charts when the school riots started and a teacher got his hand impaled on the railings outside of our school. After that there was regular fights between my old school and the other secondary down the road. Best time in my school career was marching out of the gates with several hundred other pupils go get our own back on the other school on more then one occasion.Brick became our anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        Brick in the wall was the tune that was in the charts when the school riots started and a teacher got his hand impaled on the railings outside of our school. After that there was regular fights between my old school and the other secondary down the road. Best time in my school career was marching out of the gates with several hundred other pupils go get our own back on the other school on more then one occasion.Brick became our anthem.
        As was the tradition with "School fights" did the other school know this fight was to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Pink Floyd's most recent popular song was Another Brick in the Wall but before that their most well known song was The Dark Side of the Moon
          Dark Side of the Moon was the name of an album not a song as far as I know. I used to have this album, it was in the Guinness Book of Records for being the biggest selling album ever by a British group at one time, maybe still is. They got into the lower reaches of the singles chart in the late 80's with a song called "One Slip".
          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

They had 2 singles in the late 1960s, See Emily Play & Arnold Layne, both written by Syd Barratt before he left the group.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

High Hopes
              Keep Talking and Take It Back were all released as singles from the Division Bell. As far as I remember they all did pretty poorly in the singles chart.

Gotta laugh at how possibly the worst Pink Floyd track of all time (without doubt the worst of the 3 parts of Another Brick in the Wall) was their only singles chart success.

Edit: I'm sure On the Turning Away from Momentary Lapse of Reason was released as a single.
              Last edited by trip2themoon; 22-07-2017, 18:43.

Comment

Another Brick..., although their most successful UK single (the last #1 on the 70s!), it was far from their only UK singles chart success! See Emily Play, for example, was top ten!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I like "Bike"!

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                    I like "Bike"!
                    Me too ! The Syd stuff is amazing, wonderful songs.
                    But beyond the Syd years, my faves are Atom Heart Mother, DSOTM & Animals.
                    Incredible band.

Comment

Not forgetting the singalong karaoke favourite, "Great Gig in the Sky"!

Comment

The Dark Side of the Moon

I was the words and you were the musiccccc
                        I do remember

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                          Another Brick..., although their most successful UK single (the last #1 on the 70s!), it was far from their only UK singles chart success! See Emily Play, for example, was top ten!
                          Far to lazy to google it but wasn't "money" also a chart success?
                          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Not in the UK

Comment

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is great, about Syd Barrett, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X