Kirsty McNichol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirsty McNichol

Kirsty McNichol was in the movie Summer of my German Soldier as the Jewish teenage girl Patty who hides a POW German soldier.

The POW's were brought into the her parents shop to buy sun hats. Patty has a word for each day going through the dictionary. The day the soldiers come into the shop Patty's word for the day is 'Formidable' One of the soldiers comes over to Patty's counter and asks for some pencils and a rubber. Patty asks if the pencils and rubber that he chooses is OK and he replies "They are formidable" (Patty's word for the day) Patty is pleasantly surprised he used her word. Later Patty is skipping along the railway track and on a bridge she see's the soldier she served in the shop running along side the train ready to jump on. She calls out to the soldier causing him to meet the train

Patty takes the soldier to her tree house to hide him from the authorities. She brings food to him. He then finds out Patty is Jewish when he asks her name. He says to Patty "Why are you helping me? I am German & you are Jewish. This is a trap" This upsets Patty & she says to the soldier "I thought we are friends" So the German/Jewish issue is irrelevant to them both

In the end the soldier is trying to get on the train again only to be shot dead by the FBI and Patty shouts at them "Murderers!"

A brilliant movie I recommend to anyone
    Last edited by Twocky61; 14-07-2017, 16:15. Reason: Speeling Correction
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Working...
X