Thread: Rodney Bewes

Default Rodney Bewes

Rodney Bewes & James Bolan played Bob & Terry in The Likely Lads/Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads. James Bolan went onto to star in other tv show's such as Only When I Laugh & When the Boat Comes In to name but two

Rodney Bewes has vanished into the midst of time

Does anyone know if he went onto acting in anything else?

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Rodney Bewes

Rodney was Basil Brush's sidekick at one time, & appeared in Dr Who.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Thanks Richard

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

James Bolam was also in the comedy Only When I laugh also The Biderbeck Files from early 1980s

It's such a shame that Rodney Bewes and James Bolam had a major falling out over 40 years ago which is still unresolved. Rodney from what I've read has offered an olive branch out to Bolam but he doesn't want anything to do with him. You'd think that after all this time Bolam would let bygones be bygones.

Quote Originally Posted by akb48fan View Post
    It's such a shame that Rodney Bewes and James Bolam had a major falling out over 40 years ago which is still unresolved. Rodney from what I've read has offered an olive branch out to Bolam but he doesn't want anything to do with him. You'd think that after all this time Bolam would let bygones be bygones.
    Yes I've heard about it, it's due to one of them occidentally giving away a secret about the other to the press during an interview.

It's one reason there hasn't been any more Likely Lads & no repeats for a long time.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Apparently, James Bolam has objected to the repeats being shown. Possibly due to royalties being paid to Rodney Bewes. After all this time, it seems rather childish.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?