Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my favourite lesser known horror films.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some of my favourite lesser known horror films.

Angliaknight - I suppose you haven't seen the 4th installment in this series Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre? It contains the most harrowing murder I've ever seen in a movie of a Japanese soldier bayoneting a heavily pregnant woman and pulling the foetus out.

Comment

No ,but i did google it and think i found a 90 min version of this the 4th in the series. reckon by the same producer in 1995.
      Thought the Italian nazi-exploitation films were bad but these HK horrors are really ott. Also the "guinea pig" films are way over the top, was it Martin Sheen who saw one and got the police involved because he thought it was a genuine snuff movie.

Comment

The pit and the pendulum with Vincent price, saw this at a very young age and the image of the swinging blade stayed with me forever.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I know it well i have it on vhs from the eighties.

Another cracker is maniac 1980 with joe spinell from the original rocky film.
          Its one of the most atmospheric films ive ever saw.

Originally posted by homewood View Post
          i remember watching, with my cousins, a pre-cert copy of the microwave massacre, which they'd hired from our local newsagents. It was a black comedy/horror film about a construction worker who acquires a taste for microwaved human flesh. This causes him to go on a killing spree and he zaps the dismembered limbs from his victims in an industrial-sized microwave before wrapping them in tin-foil, then sharing the mystery meat with his unsuspecting co-workers during lunch breaks. A cult classic apparently. Anyone remember that one?
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            I know it well i have it on vhs from the eighties.

Another cracker is maniac 1980 with joe spinell from the original rocky film.
            Its one of the most atmospheric films ive ever saw.
            It's a film I've always remembered, Darren. Once seen never forgotten

Comment

Back in the early 80s my hobby was collecting and copying video nasties along side writing reviews for student and fan mags, so i got to see lots of rare uncut footage, perhaps the most extreme was the Italian "mondo" movies mixing real footage with reconstructions made to look real, some were genuine in my opinion, Africa Addio also under numerous other titles, Addio ultimo uono, some of the Mondo Cane films which started the genre and won awards for its journalism, Shocking Asia and its sequel. Faces of death was 20 mins short of the full u/c version her in the u.k. part 2 was more genuine, part 3 came under 2 titles F.O.D. 111 and Fear,part 4 had a different host and was mostly reconstructions, parts 5 and 6 were put together by a German distributor and not worth mentioning.
              If you want to see a sensible but still shocking "shockumentary" search youtube for "The killing of America" a banned untill recently anti gun movie which is all real, the narration is chilling.

Comment

If you people like nostalgia you should join me on TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE thread. We discuss all sorts of subjects encountered during our growing up years.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                  Back in the early 80s my hobby was collecting and copying video nasties along side writing reviews for student and fan mags, so i got to see lots of rare uncut footage, perhaps the most extreme was the Italian "mondo" movies mixing real footage with reconstructions made to look real, some were genuine in my opinion, Africa Addio also under numerous other titles, Addio ultimo uono, some of the Mondo Cane films which started the genre and won awards for its journalism, Shocking Asia and its sequel. Faces of death was 20 mins short of the full u/c version her in the u.k. part 2 was more genuine, part 3 came under 2 titles F.O.D. 111 and Fear,part 4 had a different host and was mostly reconstructions, parts 5 and 6 were put together by a German distributor and not worth mentioning.
                  If you want to see a sensible but still shocking "shockumentary" search youtube for "The killing of America" a banned untill recently anti gun movie which is all real, the narration is chilling.

I rented Faces of Death after reading of it in a video magazine prior to the VRA. It must have made enough money to spawn all those sequels, as well as wannabes like the Faces of Gore and Traces of Death series.

If Africa Adios is also known as Africa Blood and Guts, then I have seen it as a rental in the early 80s.

I think the most shocking film I have seen and the one that disturbed me the most and wouldn't watch again is The Animals Film.

Comment

Wrong turn, watched it last night...predictable but very good. Spawned 5 sequels!
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Homewood View Post
                      I remember watching, with my cousins, a pre-cert copy of the Microwave Massacre, which they'd hired from our local newsagents. It was a black comedy/horror film about a construction worker who acquires a taste for microwaved human flesh. This causes him to go on a killing spree and he zaps the dismembered limbs from his victims in an industrial-sized microwave before wrapping them in tin-foil, then sharing the mystery meat with his unsuspecting co-workers during lunch breaks. A cult classic apparently. Anyone remember that one?
                      haven't seen it, but came across the box art on google before, reminds me of another one called 'The Washing Machine' lol, about somebody killing someone in a washing machine or something. i haven't seen it but read the synopsis a few years back.

Comment

Don't Go To Sleep - A TV movie starring Dennis Weaver, Valerie Harper and Ruth Gordon. A daughter's death results in her coming back for revenge on her family. Keywords - Iguana, Pizza Cutter and Radio in bath.

Comment

Working...
                        X