Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Apart from Sting, name another pop star, most famous in the 80s, who had a role in Quadrephenia.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      Apart from Sting, name another pop star, most famous in the 80s, who had a role in Quadrephenia.
      Was Toyah in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
        Was Toyah in it?
        Ooh, I think she was!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          Ooh, I think she was!
          indeed, she played the girlfriend to Phil daniels who later appeared in the park life video by blur, think he might be in eastenders now.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Toyah it certainly was, though I think she was more one of the girls who casually hung around with the male Mods than Daniels' girlfriend. Toyah's character name was the rather unflattering 'Monkey'.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              indeed, she played the girlfriend to Phil daniels who later appeared in the park life video by blur, think he might be in eastenders now.
              Which leads me to asking an actual question for once!

What other film was Phil Daniels in around that time with which other '80s female pop singer?

Comment

Guessing - was he in Breaking Glass with Hazel O'Connor?

Comment

Toyah it certainly was, though I think she was more one of the girls who casually hung around with the male Mods than Daniels' girlfriend. Toyah's character name was the rather unflattering 'Monkey'.
                  Mmmm...could it have been Lesley ash?
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Guessing - was he in Breaking Glass with Hazel O'Connor?
                    Yep!

Comment

Wow, that was a pure guess!

OK - in which film did Sue Jones-Davis, of TV's Rock Follies fame, do a full-frontal nude scene?

Comment

Wow, that was a pure guess!

OK - in which film did Sue Jones-Davis, of TV's Rock Follies fame, do a full-frontal nude scene?
                        I can't think of many films she has been in, but I believe she was in Life of Brian, so was it that one?

Comment

I can't think of many films she has been in, but I believe she was in Life of Brian, so was it that one?
                          Yep! Starkers, she was! Brian's "mother" referred to her as a "Welsh tart", which is egg on toast, I believe...

Comment

Okay, here's one....

In The Long Good Friday, which future Bond actor had a cameo as an IRA gunman?

Not sure if that is mega easy, so here's a follow-up on UK gangster films...

Which superstar actor played a Kray-type gangster in an early 70s film? When I say superstar, he was probably the best known actor in the world at the time.

Comment

Okay, here's one....

In The Long Good Friday, which future Bond actor had a cameo as an IRA gunman?

Not sure if that is mega easy, so here's a follow-up on UK gangster films...

Which superstar actor played a Kray-type gangster in an early 70s film? When I say superstar, he was probably the best known actor in the world at the time.
                              Well, Pierce Brosnan is the first answer. Don't know the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                                Well, Pierce Brosnan is the first answer. Don't know the second.

Correct for The Long Good Friday, Clare. As for the other, the actor was part of a much married couple, and they were actually married to each other twice. He had a wonderful voice and she was considered a great beauty. He died far too early about 35 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X