Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 417

Thread: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,111

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    yup.
    ... and before makeup


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Answer is Anjelica houston..
    Who was producer on the classic 60s spy movie The ipress file?, what was the lead characters name? and who did the soundtrack?

    ANSWER ANY TWO FROM THREE
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

  3. #343

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Answer is Anjelica houston..
    Who was producer on the classic 60s spy movie The ipress file?, what was the lead characters name? and who did the soundtrack?

    ANSWER ANY TWO FROM THREE

    Michael Caine played Harry Palmer. The producer was Harry Saltzman. Music was by John Barry.

    Which Bond actor starred in North Sea Hijack?

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Michael Caine played Harry Palmer. The producer was Harry Saltzman. Music was by John Barry.

    Which Bond actor starred in North Sea Hijack?
    Full house Staffslad, think Roger moore starred in NSH?
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

  5. #345

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Full house Staffslad, think Roger moore starred in NSH?

    Correct, Tex. Sir Roger starred in a few action films while he was Bond. As well as North Sea Hijack there was Gold, Shout at the Devil, The Sea Wolves, and probably more I have forgotten. NSH was very topical at the time as the oil was beginning to flow well and there were real concerns that platforms could be targets for terrorists.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    What was Rogers job before becoming an actor and what was his first acting role?
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

  7. #347

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    What was Rogers job before becoming an actor and what was his first acting role?

    I think he had something to do with the TV or film industry prior to acting but not really sure. His first role? Again, not sure. I know he played Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe in a TV series in the late 50s, but I doubt if that was his first role.

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Oh, always thought it was...my bad He was a knitwear model.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

  9. #349

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Oh, always thought it was...my bad He was a knitwear model.

    Now you mention about being a model that does ring a bell.

    Ivanhoe was probably his first big role, but I believe he was in other TV or films before that, but not sure what they were.

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

    Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Correct, Tex. Sir Roger starred in a few action films while he was Bond. As well as North Sea Hijack there was Gold, Shout at the Devil, The Sea Wolves, and probably more I have forgotten. NSH was very topical at the time as the oil was beginning to flow well and there were real concerns that platforms could be targets for terrorists.
    I saw Gold at the cinema when it came out, along with the superb The Man Who Haunted Himself
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Similar Threads

  1. Being a Brit male
    By Danny in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25-08-2018, 12:23
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-07-2015, 16:40
  3. VCR's in general
    By Tallulah in forum Technology
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 17-06-2013, 15:32
  4. Brit Quiz
    By Richard1978 in forum Board games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-09-2011, 07:14
  5. unique brit humour
    By frame in forum Movies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 20:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •