Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    I think it was 5. Ipcress File, Funeral in Berlin, Billion Dollar Brain, then 2 more in 80s/90s which I can't remember the names. Also recommend Deighton's novels of the first 3--very dour reads with nicely twisty plots.
    The others were Bullet to beijing and midnight in st petersburg made in the 90s for tv but not based on Len deighton novels... your up Staffslad.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      The others were Bullet to beijing and midnight in st petersburg made in the 90s for tv but not based on Len deighton novels... your up Staffslad.

I think I am right in saying that in Deighton's novels the spy is never named, certainly not in Ipcress, Berlin and Brain.

Okay, in The Family Way, which two distinguished actors have an arm-wrestling contest? For a bonus point, who played the bride?

Comment

John Mills is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          John Mills is one.
          The other is Hywell bennet and the bride was Hayley mills....(CONFIRMED)

Comment

Which carry on regular once played an ancestor of dr Jeckyl in a brit 60s film and what was the film called?

Comment

Which carry on regular once played an ancestor of dr Jeckyl in a brit 60s film and what was the film called?

Bernard Bresslaw in The Ugly Duckling.

Comment

staffs. With the new rule in place.,. you only had to self confirm that answer to post another. Please do so as it gives me..being in different time zones...something to answer while you blokes are snoring.

Comment

Well done Staffs...your up.

Comment

In The Killing of Sister George, who played the TV executive who had her predatory eye on Childy? As a bonus, who did she have a rather surprising relationship with late in life--the actress I mean.

Comment

In The Killing of Sister George, who played the TV executive who had her predatory eye on Childy? As a bonus, who did she have a rather surprising relationship with late in life--the actress I mean.
                      Do not recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                        Do not recall.
                        Corale brown i think but dont know about the later relationship

Comment

Corale brown i think but dont know about the later relationship

It was Miss Brown indeed. The rather surprising relationship she had was with no less than Vincent Price.

Comment

It was Miss Brown indeed. The rather surprising relationship she had was with no less than Vincent Price.
                            She was Australian..did not know that. Not surprising she married Price then.
                            Spouse: Vincent Price (m. 1974–1991),

Comment

in THE DAMBUSTERS what justification did Barnes wallis give for the use of a wellington bomber to test his bouncing bomb

Comment

in THE DAMBUSTERS what justification did Barnes wallis give for the use of a wellington bomber to test his bouncing bomb

Just a guess. Was it that by using a Wellington he wouldn't be taking up a Lancaster from operational duties so more likely to get an aircraft?

Comment

Working...
                                X