• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A trip down memory lane

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    I had Sarsaparilla once , one mouthful . That was enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Me too..yuk. Is that Root Beer or something different. RB is very American?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
      Don't like either myself..

Comment

Yeah, never seen root beer here in Britain
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Yeah, never seen root beer here in Britain
          It's available in Asda, if you can manage to get used to the "mouth wash" taste it's really nice with a scoop of ice cream in.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

This is Australia's answer to the healthy soft drink. 2.5% added sugar. No artificial nasties. All our kids should be encouraged to drink this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              I'm sensing you have a savoury palate ...

Far from it but you're just not selling it to me...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

When did you have your first date.

How was it.

Did it lead to anything substantial.

Comment

I am trying to wrack my memory bank for my first date. Oh yes we worked at the same place.. I had had my eye on her for some time so when we had a work function I asked her to dance. We hit it off and arranged to have a first date the following week. I was nervous as hell leading up to it but gathered myself for the big day. I had booked a restaurant which I had eaten at on previous occasions so I knew it pretty well. It had the correct amount of soft liting and atmosphere to impress a girl. The nite turned into a disaster. I was so on edge that I made a complete fool of myself. Basicly I tried too hard to impress her and failed miserably. I learned a good life lesson from that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    It's available in Asda, if you can manage to get used to the "mouth wash" taste it's really nice with a scoop of ice cream in.

I always imagined that root beer was like our ginger beer, but by the sound of it, it isn't.

Comment

When did you have your first date.

How was it.

Did it lead to anything substantial.
                      I was a fairly early starter and had my first 'date' at about 10 years old .. I went to her house for tea and she made chips !!

I was very impressed !!

Only lasted a couple of weeks and then I fell for someone else

Comment

First date? Small flirtations at school that I can't remember too well now. The first what I would call a proper date was when I started work at 16. I had asked out a couple of girls and been turned down. One day I was called over by one of the women workers and told that S liked me, which surprised me somewhat. The woman acted as Cupid and arranged a date for S and I for the next Saturday. I will say that S was nice, quite petite, and though I thought she was quite attractive, she got a lot of teasing for being rather bashful and introverted. Anyway, it was arranged we would meet by a certain landmark and walk to the cinema. I remember it was late January and pretty chilly. I met her and we went to see Avalanche Express. I let her choose the film, the other being Escape from Alcatraz. Funny how those two films have stuck in my memory. Afterwards, we went to a cafe for a sandwich and I walked her home. We went out for quite a while, seeing each other at work and at weekends, but she moved away with her mother when the company closed down and I lost contact. I was so upset at the time and have always wondered what became of her.

Comment

Yes the girls we lost never to see again. I have been down that road too. I was madly in love/lust with a girl when I was 17. Angelique was her name. She was like a Botticelli Angel (a line from Picnic At Hanging Rock). Long brunette hair down do her bum. Big brown eyes, petite and a figure to die for. Boy she got my hormones racing. I was invisible to her tho until one day I found the courage to ask her to a dance at our local hall. The date went swimmingly and we started seeing each other. I could have married her had I been older. But we both understood it was too soon for any serious stuff. We gradually moved apart and soon after she left town with her parents and moved somewhere north of our state.

Comment

I do wonder what would have happened if she hadn't moved away. I suppose we had been going out for a year or so when circumstance forced our relationship to end. I can't say for sure if we would have got married, but we were comfortable with each other, so who knows?

Comment

Same here. All my mates and my brother reckoned on us getting hitched if we had stayed together. I was about to turn 19 when she left. I do regret meeting her so young. What do they call what were were staffs.. childhood sweethearts.

Comment

CHIPPY TEA!
                                Ah yes, two words that have brought joy to the hearts of millions for generations, two words that make you salivate like a bulldog...So whats yer poison?
                                Steak and kidney pudding, chips, peas and gravy, loadsa salt n vinegar, bread n butter and a brew.....i'll get my coat.
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X